Subject: [dnsext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-04

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 06:55:41 +0900

I have updated dates, version number, author info, and boilerplate.
And I've unambiguously removed "unambiguously"...

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:51 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-04
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-04.txt has been
successfully submitted by Donald Eastlake 3rd and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode
Revision:        04
Title:           xNAME RCODE and Status Bits Clarification
Creation_date:   2011-05-09
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
The Domain Name System (DNS) has long provided means, such as CNAME
(Canonical Name), where a query can be redirected to a different
name. A DNS response header has an RCODE (Response Code) field, used
for indicating errors, and response status bits. This document
clarifies, in the case of such redirected queries, how the RCODE and
status bits correspond to the initial query cycle (where the CNAME or
the like was detected) and subsequent or final query cycles.

The IETF Secretariat.
_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext