Subject: [dnsext] Request for discussion on special dnssec processing policy.

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:43:48 +0000

Having done expert reviews a few times, I wonder if the 3.1.1. DNS RRTYPE
Allocation Policy in RFC 5395 should be extended.

Similar to 'additional section processing', requests for RRTYPE allocation
can refer to special DNSSEC processing.

As an example, the CDS draft states that the CDS type MUST be signed by a
DNSKEY with the SEP flag set. To me, that is an exception to the general
case, and could be considered 'special dnssec processing'. Note that I fully
understand the reasoning in the CDS draft, and also that SEP is merely an
operational hint.... still, this is an exception.

RFC 5395 does not address these concerns, hence my request for discussion.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Roy

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext