Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:13:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: An SNMP Application Level Gateway for 
                          Payload Address Translation
	Author(s)	: D. Raz, B. Sugla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 14-Dec-98
	
     The SNMP Application Level Gateway for Payload Address
     Translation (SALG-PAT) is a feature by which IP addresses in the
     payload of SNMP packets are statically mapped from one group to
     another, transparent to management application.  This is a
     specific case of Application Level Gateway, ALG, as described in
     [SH 98] and [SE 98].  When combined with basic NAT, this document
     describes a mechanism by which a management device can manage
     multiple networks that use conflicting IP addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.