Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-rnat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:17:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Relocation through twice 
                          Network Address Translators (RAT)
	Author(s)	: W. Teo, S. Yeow, R. Singh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-rnat-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
   This document describes a protocol that provides IP reachability for
   mobile users. Like IP Mobility Support, RFC 2002, each mobile node is
   accessible by its home address, regardless of its current location in
   the Internet. When away from home, a mobile node acquires a care-of
   address indicating its current location. It registers the care-of
   address with a registration server (RS). The RS sets up a twice
   network address translation table on a RAT device. The RAT device
   transparently routes datagrams destined for the mobile node's home
   address to the care-of address using twice network address
   translation. The protocol requirements for the mobile node is
   minimal. End-users can have mobility support easily as registration
   is done using widely available applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-rnat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-rnat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-rnat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.