Subject: (NAT) Draft draft-zaccone-nat-transp-fram-00.txt and its 'companion' draft

From: Carmelo Zaccone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:48:51 +0200

Hello folks,

        As you may see on the ietf-announce list, the drafts
        that we will discuss during the meeting where announced.

        In order to make a distinction between the concept and the 
        possible implementation mechanisms, we cut the draft

                 draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt
               "Framework for the transport of the Internet traffic 
                       in a privately addressed network"

        into the two following drafts
        
                draft-zaccone-nat-transp-fram-00.txt
              "Framework for end-2-end native transport"

                draft-zaccone-nat-transport-01.txt
               "Mechanisms for end-2-end native transport"

        Within the framework draft, we have explored the possibility
        to transport the Internet datagrams between RSIP client and
        border router without relying upon the usage of overlay 
        networks, but rather by making the parallel use of two routing 
        realms inherent to the routing and forwarding framework.

        The result of our study deemed that some approaches is 
        theoretically superior to tunneled approaches. 

        By separating the overall concept from possible implementation  
        mechanisms, we would like to contribute to the RSIP framework
        section related to the transmission Internet datagrams within the
	private realm.

        Within the companion document, we have explored several
        possible mechanisms creating a transport path between RSIP
        client and border router.

        Please send us any feedback and comments you may have on 
        these drafts so that we may create some material for 
        discussion during the meeting.  

        Regards,

                Carmelo Zaccone

-- 
+^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+
        Zaccone Carmelo                 Research Engineer      
                                        Dept : DN9
   Corporate Research  Center
    Alcatel            Bell             Network Architecture  
     Fr. Wellesplein     1              Internet Access case
       B-2018    Antwerp
            Belgium                     GSM  :+32 75 58.67.82 
             \   /                      Work :+32 3 240 8344  
+^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+
   Intranet WebSite : http://www.rc.bel.alcatel.be/~zacconec
+^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+