Subject: (NAT) Net2Phone

From: Srinivasa Rao Addepalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:38:04 -0700

Hi,
  I need to update our NAPT software to make Net2Phone
  application work.

  Does anybody point me to any documentation on Net2Phone
  specifications?

  There is some information on www.netphone.com on how to make
  it work with firewall. It mentions that, firewall need to open 6801
  udp port and one more UDP port and TCP Port based on Net2Phone
  configuration.

    If Net2Phone only makes UDP/TCP connection from Client and Server
  and if it does not pass IP address or port information in the
Net2Phone
  application payload, then there is no need of any changes in the
  NAT software. But is this true?

Thanks for any help in this regard
Srini

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:45:30 -0700 (PDT)

>   udp port and one more UDP port and TCP Port based on Net2Phone

Hmm.. Sounds like you dont have sufficient information.
You may be better off contacting the Net2Phone folks. My suspicion 
is that if there is a way to make it work with firewall, then it shouldnt 
be that hard to do the same for NAT. Similar to FTP, H.323 etc.

>   NAT software. But is this true?

You need to gather more info on the application. Your assumptions do not
sound right.

> 'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.