Subject: (NAT) TCP versus UDP for RSIP control

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:15:40 -0800

This seems to be the most contentious issue currently so I wanted to advise 
the list of what happened in Washington now rather than waiting for the 
minutes.

We had a brief debate on the topic. We started to go down the rathole of 
general debate on TCP versus UDP rather than focusing on what to do 
specifically for RSIP control. This is very easy to do and I don't blame 
anyone for this. But as co-chair I stopped the debate and tried to get a 
rough consensus of the room and the room roughly showed favor for 
specifying TCP-only for RSIP control.

I said that we could revisit that decision at any time if there were solid 
arguments in favor of UDP. So since not everyone was present in Washington, 
please speak up now if you see an overriding reason for supporting UDP 
only, or both UDP and TCP.

And please, please read the entire RSIP draft before you comment. General 
TCP versus UDP comments are not very useful at this time. We've heard it 
all before.

-Matt

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.