Subject: [NAT] Re: IESG review of draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-03.txt

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:10:55 -0400 (EDT)

note that the message I forwarded to you was not from Alliosn and me - it
was from the IESG (we did not write the note)

Scott

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat

---

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:14:47 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

As you might have seen by now, the IESG response to 
<draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-03.txt>  raised a few
serious points. Subsequent to the email response, I had
a couple of e-mail exchanges with the ADs and per the AD's
advice, I am listing below a plan of action.

   1. Interest level for the draft from the WG: 

      The IESG didnt find sufficient discussion on the draft on the 
      mailing list, even though I did recieve private e-mails from 
      some individuals. The IESG wants to assess what the interest
      level is for the draft.

      Matt and I would appreciate if you could respond to the following
      questionaire over the list. Thanks.
      (a) Is the document relevant to the WG?
      (b) Is there interest in seeing the document to completion 
          within the WG?
      (c) State reasons for your support or non-support of the document
          in the WG.

   2. Reference to MIDCOM:

      This document is focussed on discussing NAT resources and an 
      interface by which an external agent can influence NAT resources
      and operation. As such, the reference to MIDCOM was done so the 
      MIDCOM protocol could benefit from it. However, the IESG had
      gotten the impression that this was mandating a requirement on 
      MIDCOM protocol. 

      I dont have an issue with excising reference to MIDCOM from the 
      draft(in the case we choose to pursue). Please let me know if
      believe, this should not be the done.

   3. Lastly, as for the document quality issue, I will try and find a
      co-author and spend additional effort fixing the document - only
      when there is  manifestation of sufficient interest from the list. 
      
Thanks you for your time.

Regards,
suresh 

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any phone.
http://phone.yahoo.com