Subject: [NAT] NAT support through SNMP on Cisco routers

From: "Eden Shochat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:02:26 +0200

Hi:

I've been following the evolution of the IETF standard for SNMP based
NAT access (at draft 4 now, as I understand it) with great interest. 

What is not clear to be is whether: 1) there are implementations of it
at this point in the Cisco family of routers 2) non-standard
implementations of it in the current family or 3) no SNMP access to NAT
tables at all.

As I'm not familiar with the process of IETF - how far ahead should this
become a standard after draft 4?

Eden Shochat, Savantis Systems
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat

---

From: raraghun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:58:40 +0530

Hello Eden,

> NAT access (at draft 4 now, as I understand it) with great interest.

I guess you are talking about NAT MIB here. If I'm wrong, perhaps 
the information below wouldn't make much sense.

> implementations of it in the current family or 3) no SNMP access to NAT

Cisco does implement an earlier version of the draft.

> become a standard after draft 4?

The NAT MIB is currently being reviewed by the IESG. A message has
also been sent out to the midcom WG for comments. Depending on the
review comments, either draft -04 might make it thru as a proposed
standard, or some more work (hopefully, not too much) might need to 
be done. (BTW, in case you'd like to know more about the IETF 
standardization process, RFC 2026 would be a good read)

Hope this helps.

-Rajiv.

---

From: raraghun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:58:40 +0530

Hello Eden,

Hope this helps.

-Rajiv.