Subject: [nbs] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03]

From: Javier Ubillos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:48:05 +0200

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 06:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets-03.txt has been successfully submitted by Javier Ubillos and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ubillos-name-based-sockets
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Name-Based Sockets Architecture
Creation_date:	 2010-09-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
This memo defines Name-based sockets. name-based sockets allow
application developers to refer to remote hosts (and it self) by name
only, passing on all IP (locator) management to the operating system.
Applications are thus relieved of re-implementing features such as
multi-homing, mobility, NAT traversal, IPv6/IPv4 interoperability and
address management in general.  The operating system can in turn re-
use the same solutions for a whole set of guest applications. name-
based sockets aims to provide a whole set of features without adding
new indirection layers, new delays or other dependences while
maintaining transparent backwards compatibility.

The IETF Secretariat.