Subject: [ncrg] Draft Agenda for Network Complexity Research Group, Paris Meeting

From: "Michael Behringer (mbehring)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:19:35 +0100

The draft agenda is now online at:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/agenda/agenda-83-ncrg.txt

Copied below. 

Any suggestions, or last minute presentation proposals, please shout! 
Michael

--

Network Complexity Research Group - Agenda
Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 0900-1130

- Welcome and Agenda bashing

- Vladimir Marbukh 
Title: Some Personal Observations on System Complexity
Abstract: This presentation concentrates on the following two issues:
(a) System Complexity vs. Network Complexity and (b) Complexity
management vs. Complexity containment or reduction.  These issues are
illustrated on an example of multipath routing with the Price of Anarchy
being the measure of Complexity.

- Tim Griffins
Title: The Policy Interaction Problem Related to BGP Wedgies (RFC4264)

- Dave Meyer 
Title: Complexity, Antifragility, and Integrated Theories
Abstract: Antifagility is a new concept from the domain of risk
analysis. This talk looks at current thinking in the Complexity
community and asks if Antifragility is a form of RYF-complexity and if
so, can we use this (unified) theory to reverse engineer anti fragile
networks.

- Michael Behringer
Title: Dimensions of Complexity
Abstract: In networking, tradeoffs have to be made on many dimensions,
for example cost, scalability, robustness. Any of these dimensions can
add "gratuitous" complexity to a design. This presentation lists a
number of dimensions to consider.