Subject: [NEA] Problem Statement Draft - correction/clarification

From: Frank Yeh Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:43:22 -0800

I believe that Figure 1 in section 6 has the IF-PV interface arrow pointing
the wrong way_ it doesn't connect anything.

   |-------------|                          |----------------|
   | Posture     |  <-------IF-PA------->   |   Posture      |
   | Collectors  |                          |   Validators   |
   | (1 ...N)    |                          |   (1 ...N)     |
   |-------------|                          |----------------|
         |                                          |
         |                                <------IF-PV-------->
         |                                          |
   |-------------|                          |----------------|
   |   Client    |  <-------IF-PB------->   |     Server     |
   |   Broker    |                          |     Broker     |
   |--------- ---|                          |----------------|
         |                                          |
         |                                          |
   |-------------|  <------IF-PT------->    |----------------|
   |             |                          |                |
   | Network     |    |--------|            |   Network      |
   | Access      |----|Network |------------|   Access       |
   | Requestor   |    |Enforcer| <-IF-NAE-> |   Authority    |
   |-------------|    |--------|            |----------------|

      NEA CLIENT                                  NEA SERVER
   Figure 1: NEA Components and Interfaces

Section 7 describes the IF-PV as:
      Posture validator interface (IF-PV): This protocol acts as a
      carrier for posture attributes between a Server broker and a
      Posture validator that is not co-located in the NEA server.

Shouldn't the figure look like this?

   |-------------|                          |----------------|
   | Posture     |  <-------IF-PA------->   |   Posture      |
   | Collectors  |                          |   Validators   |
   | (1 ...N)    |                          |   (1 ...N)     |
   |-------------|                          |----------------|
         |                                          |   ^
         |                                          |   |
         |                                          |  IF-PV
         |                                          |   |
         |                                          |   v
   |-------------|                          |----------------|
   |   Client    |  <-------IF-PB------->   |     Server     |
   |   Broker    |                          |     Broker     |
   |--------- ---|                          |----------------|
         |                                          |
         |                                          |
   |-------------|  <------IF-PT------->    |----------------|
   |             |                          |                |
   | Network     |    |--------|            |   Network      |
   | Access      |----|Network |------------|   Access       |
   | Requestor   |    |Enforcer| <-IF-NAE-> |   Authority    |
   |-------------|    |--------|            |----------------|

      NEA CLIENT                                  NEA SERVER
   Figure 1: NEA Components and Interfaces

Thanks,
Frank Yeh

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:06:00 -0500

Hi Frank
 
Yes. Either that, or it should be a straight line with no arrows
representing an "interface" of interest (this is what I was originally
thinking when I drew it).
 
Thanks for pointing this out, and sorry for the confusion. Will take the
action to update.
 
Susan

________________________________

	From: Frank Yeh Jr [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:43 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [NEA] Problem Statement Draft -
correction/clarification

	I believe that Figure 1 in section 6 has the IF-PV interface
arrow pointing the wrong way_ it doesn't connect anything.

	NEA CLIENT NEA SERVER

	
	NEA CLIENT NEA SERVER

	Thanks,
	Frank Yeh

---

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:00:01 -0800

Yes, I noticed the same thing but assumed it was intentional.

Its difficult to express figures in text format sometimes.

I think it would be useful to add some more detailed figures in that
section in the future.

I'll be happy to help out if needed

regards

Hormuzd

From: Frank Yeh Jr [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEA] Problem Statement Draft - correction/clarification

I believe that Figure 1 in section 6 has the IF-PV interface arrow
pointing the wrong way_ it doesn't connect anything.

NEA CLIENT NEA SERVER

NEA CLIENT NEA SERVER

Thanks,
Frank Yeh