Subject: [Nea] NEA and I2's SALSA working group

From: "Gauthier, Eric L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:10:12 -0500

Hello,

I'm involved with a working group within the US's Internet2 consortium
named SALSA-Netauth (http://security.internet2.edu/netauth/) which has
been looking at what we've called "automated policy enforcement", which
roughly corresponds to systems such as NetReg, NAC, TNC, NAP, etc.
Because a critical component of all of these systems involves
interactions with endpoints, we're very interested in this working
group.

For those that might be interested in our work to date, we've generated
two documents of our own, one is a "strategy" document covering various
solutions to network policy enforcement at a very high level
(http://security.internet2.edu/netauth/docs/internet2-salsa-netauth-poli
cy-enforcement-200504.html).  The other document represents an idealized
architecture for implementing and integrating various enforcement
technologies
(http://security.internet2.edu/netauth/docs/draft-internet2-salsa-netaut
h-architecture-04.pdf).

Eric Gauthier
  Network Engineer
  617-353-8218 ~^~ [email-masked]
Boston University - Office of IT  

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea