Subject: [Nea] Next Steps on NEA action plan

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:24:03 -0400

This is a follow-up to the last call on the NEA action plan, for which
there seems to be rough consensus.

Below are proposed next steps for each of the actions:

 A) Draft requirements for PA, PB, and PTT

The proposal is to start out with a single requirements I-D. 

Hormuzd Khosravi will float a requirements I-D outline and an action
plan with timelines to kick-off this process.

Volunteers so far to contribute to reqts I-D  include (to be refined as
necessary):

Overall Requirements I-D editor: Hormuzd Khosravi, Paul Sangster,
Amerdeep Sibia
Terminology, Problem Statement, System Overview: Mauricio Sanchez,
Joseph Tardo 
PA, PB Requirements: Ravi Sahita 
PTT Requirements: Kevin Amorin, John Vollbrecht, Hao Zhou 
Security Considerations: Jeff Six, Uri Blumenthal

Any others who have volunteered "generic" cycles, please let Hormuzd,
Steve and me know if you would like to contribute to this I-D
specifically. Otherwise, we assume you will review.

 B) Revise proposed NEA charter to focus on
    transport-independent PA and PB and
    requirements for PTT

Steve and Susan to update with review and contributions from mailing
list.

 C) Revise NEA problem statement to focus on
    transport-independent PA and PB and
    requirements for PTT and reflect reduced scope

Susan will update the problem statement I-D with Joe Tardo and Mauricio
Sanchez (along with existing co-editors) to avoid duplication of effort
and ensure consistency with requirements I-D. 

Note: The intent is to let the problem statement I-D lapse once a WG is
formed. As appropriate, sections from this document will form a starting
point for the terminology, system overview, etc sections in reqts I-D.

 D) Draft security analysis of entire NEA system

Addressed in "security considerations" section in overall requirements
I-D in A) above.

Note: Important meeting dates to keep in mind for next IETF include:
June 5, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule Working Group and
BOF meetings 
June 19, Monday - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00)
submission 

With area-specific  deadlines for WG/BoF requests likely to be a week or
two before June 5, we need to aim to have consensus on at least B) and
C) around May 20. 

Thanks
Susan & Steve 

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:45:19 +0300

Hi Susan,

What's the plan for the PTC? The charter states "Requirements need to
be defined for an EAP over L3 transport for L3 access scenarios.".

Regards,

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Susan Thomson (sethomso) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 11:24 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Nea] Next Steps on NEA action plan
>