Subject: [Nea] Action plan for NEA Requirements

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:34:05 -0700

Thanks Susan.

Hi Folks,

I want to outline the basic plan for moving forward with the
Requirements draft. Pls let me know if there are any comments. 

As Susan mentioned, I will float out an outline of the Requirements
draft to the team. We will have regular weekly conference calls to work
on the draft, atleast once a week for the full team and may be more for
subteams. I will be posting the summary of the team discussions/status
on a regular basis to the mailing list. We will be shooting for May 31st
to get an initial draft out since this will be needed by Steve, Susan
for the WG/BoF by June 5th. Feedback from the list will be welcome
throughout this process.

I will be sending email to the requirements team members, that Susan has
listed below to get feedback and move forward on this.

regards
Hormuzd

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Thomson (sethomso) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 1:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Nea] Next Steps on NEA action plan

This is a follow-up to the last call on the NEA action plan, for which
there seems to be rough consensus.

Below are proposed next steps for each of the actions:

 A) Draft requirements for PA, PB, and PTT

The proposal is to start out with a single requirements I-D. 

Hormuzd Khosravi will float a requirements I-D outline and an action
plan with timelines to kick-off this process.

Volunteers so far to contribute to reqts I-D  include (to be refined as
necessary):

Overall Requirements I-D editor: Hormuzd Khosravi, Paul Sangster,
Amerdeep Sibia
Terminology, Problem Statement, System Overview: Mauricio Sanchez,
Joseph Tardo 
PA, PB Requirements: Ravi Sahita 
PTT Requirements: Kevin Amorin, John Vollbrecht, Hao Zhou 
Security Considerations: Jeff Six, Uri Blumenthal

Any others who have volunteered "generic" cycles, please let Hormuzd,
Steve and me know if you would like to contribute to this I-D
specifically. Otherwise, we assume you will review.

 B) Revise proposed NEA charter to focus on
    transport-independent PA and PB and
    requirements for PTT

Steve and Susan to update with review and contributions from mailing
list.

 C) Revise NEA problem statement to focus on
    transport-independent PA and PB and
    requirements for PTT and reflect reduced scope

Susan will update the problem statement I-D with Joe Tardo and Mauricio
Sanchez (along with existing co-editors) to avoid duplication of effort
and ensure consistency with requirements I-D. 

Note: The intent is to let the problem statement I-D lapse once a WG is
formed. As appropriate, sections from this document will form a starting
point for the terminology, system overview, etc sections in reqts I-D.

 D) Draft security analysis of entire NEA system

Addressed in "security considerations" section in overall requirements
I-D in A) above.

Note: Important meeting dates to keep in mind for next IETF include:
June 5, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule Working Group and
BOF meetings 
June 19, Monday - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00)
submission 

With area-specific  deadlines for WG/BoF requests likely to be a week or
two before June 5, we need to aim to have consensus on at least B) and
C) around May 20. 

Thanks
Susan & Steve 

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea