Subject: [Nea] Meeting summary for May 17th

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:33:35 -0700

Hi All,

Here is my rough meeting summary (for May 17th)

Attendees
Ravi, Paul, Hao, Diana, Amardeep, Kevin, Joe, Susan, Uri, Hormuzd

Posture Attributes protocol high level requirements - Ravi

1. PA MUST define the data model to carry posture attributes between a
particular Posture Collector in a NEA client and a particular Posture
Validator in a NEA Server. 

2. The PA protocol MUST be carried inside the PB protocol.

3. PA MUST support expression of default attributes to report component
health at a coarse level for example, including vendor, version,
operational status

4. PA MUST support expression of sub-component health including vendor,
component, version, operational status
Instead of MUST this must be a SHOULD or MAY
PA MUST support Core and Vendor defined attributes
Diana - Is PA a messaging format or a protocol?
Paul - There is a control part to PA

5. PA MUST support expression of asynchronous attribute reportting, for
example events, from collector or validator
Hormuzd - common Req covers this
Paul - Agreed
Ravi - ok will remove this

6. PA MUST use open standard interfaces as far as possible for example,
structured formats such as XML.

7. PA SHOULD support expression of meta-data around updates for
components such as last update time, remediation server used
Paul - clean the text up, not sure if this is a SHOULD or MAY
Hao - Not about the protocol, about core attributes

8. PA MUST define the decision/remediation

Hao - Any size limitation on PA protocol?
Paul - collector & validator to authenticate each other? SHOULD req.
Uri/Amardeep - discussion over emails
 
Posture Broker protocol high level requirements - Ravi

1. PB MUST aggregate posture attributes from one or more Posture
Collectors in a NEA client
Hao - PB protocol MUST allow

2. PB MUST support sending posture attributes to a NEA server for
assessment by one or more Posture Validators.
definition

3. PB MUST aggregate remediation attributes from one or more Posture
Validators in a NEA server.
definition

4. PB MUST carry additional decisions from the NEA server along with
posture validator specific information.
Paul - PB has very few reqs
Open for discussion

5. PB MUST support dynamic registration, deregistration of posture
collectors and validators
Paul - doesnt belong to the protocol, more about the broker...
Paul - this has to do with message routing, needs rewording

Paul - discuss overall dynamic PC, PV requirement as common req

6. PB MUST support subscription on the NEA server for asynchronous
information, example events from posture collectors

7. PB MUST support multiple rounds of posture collection from collectors
within a transaction
Hormuzd - do we need to repeat common reqs for different interfaces
Ravi - this will have more protocol specific information

8. PB MUST support asynchronous push of posture/event information from
collectors/NEA client
Uri - leave this in for now and lets revisit this later
Joe - this is not the norm right now
Ravi - bin this now and revisit these later

9. PB MUST support asynchronous pull of posture information from
validators/NEA server

Paul - add a security requirement
Security considerations should talk about the threats that are being
addressed

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea