Subject: [Nea] Requirements team meeting summary (May 11th)

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:56:46 -0700

Hi All

Here is the Requirements team meeting summary from last week (May
11th)...

Attendees:
Mauricio Sanchez, Ravi Sahita, Kevin Amorin, Paul Sangster, Joe Tardo,
Amardeep Sibia, Steve Hanna, Hormuzd Khosravi, John Vollbrecht 

Agenda...
Arch Use Cases discussion:
Mauricio will check to see if he can send TNC specs
Paul- Rather than using TNC specs directly, just contribute to this
group/requirements based on TNC
Steve - flow diagrams have too much details
John - having some flow diagrams is important
Amardeep - lets discuss the 10 high level reqs and bin this for now

High level Common Requirements

1. NEA protocols must provide a way for multi-round posture exchange
between the client and server. (Add some more explanation text-tbd)

2. NEA protocols must provide a way for the server or posture validators
to query for specific posture information during initial network access
time as well as at a later time.

3. NEA protocols must provide a way for the client (client broker or
posture collector) to initiate a posture re-evaluation based on an event
on the client.

4. NEA protocols must support non-capable or non-participating hosts or
legacy devices in the network such as printers to be able to access the
corporate network 
a. without a posture exchange, just based on authentication
b. without any posture exchange, and no authentication

5. NEA protocols may allow the association between posture profiles and
user credentials, i.e. the network administrator must be able to
configure different posture profiles on the backend server for different
user groups and associate the two.

(suggestions - Different section on End-point Policy Reqs, part of
Informational text)

6. NEA protocols must not allow man-in-the-middle attacks by tying the
machine/user authentication with the posture exchange, i.e. a malicious
machine A should not be allowed to use the posture of a good machine B
to get network access. NEA protocols must provide secure posture
exchange.

7. The PA, PB & PV interfaces defined by NEA must be agnostic of the
transport i.e. PT interface.

8. NEA protocols must reuse existing open standards for its different
interfaces before defining new ones.

9. NEA protocols must be highly scalable in terms of adding multiple
servers, clients, posture collectors, posture validators, etc 

10. Configuration of NEA protocol behavior should use existing
manageability protocols such as SNMP
(suggestion - bin this requirement for now till Steve checks with Russ
Housley)

Amardeep - define a requirement for the attributes, minimum set of
attributes (default set) must be defined by NEA - PA/PB interface

Next Steps
Paul - to provide some text for Reqs draft and help out with editing
All - to send more Reqs to the team for discussion next week
Team - to discuss other interface Reqs at next meeting

Regards
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea