Subject: RE: [Nea] trying again - PA PB requirements strawman

From: "Blumenthal, Uri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:25:21 -0400

I agree - especially with the Posture Broker req's. We'll need all of
what you've listed. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Sahita, Ravi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Nea] trying again - PA PB requirements strawman

folks,
here is a strawman to start discussion in the sub-group interested in
drafting PA, PB requirements. Please provide feedback, this is a very
basic list to start discussion
 
thanks
Ravi
 
Posture Attributes protocol high level requirements:
This protocol is used to carry posture attributes between a particular
Posture Collector in a NEA client and a particular Posture Validator in
a NEA Server. The PA protocol is carried inside the PB protocol.
1. Support expresssion of component health at a coarse level, including
vendor, version, operational status
2. Support expresssion of sub-component health including vendor,
component, version, operational status
3. Support expresssion of meta-data around updates for components such
as last update time, remediation server used
4. Support expression of asynchronous events from collector or validator
 
Posture Broker protocol high level requirements:
This protocol aggregates posture attributes from one or more Posture
Collectors in an NEA client and sends them to the NEA server for
assessment by one or more Posture Validators.
1. Support collection of posture information from multiple posture
collectors
2. Support collection of posture resolution from multiple posture
validators
3. Support registration, deregistration of posture collectors and
validators
4. Support subscription on the NEA server for information from posture
collectors
5. Support multiple rounds of posture collection from collectors
6. Support asynchronous push of posture/event information from
collectors/NEA client
7. Support asynchronous pull of posture information from validators/NEA
server

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea