Subject: [Nea] IETF 66 NEA BOF Summary

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:05:31 -0400

Summary of NEA BOF at IETF 66

The NEA BOF focussed on discussing and agreeing on a charter
for a potential NEA WG. As part of this, there was considerable
discussion of the NEA use case, architecture, and scope.

The session was well attended (more than 100 people). Many good
questions and issues were raised, all in a constructive manner.
These concerns will be reviewed to determine whether architectural
changes may be needed.

At the end of the session, rough consensus was reached on a revised
scope. The scope in the previously proposed charter will be modified
to require that the WG identify a Mandatory To Implement transport
(which may be developed by another WG). Also, vendor attributes would
be required to be documented in an RFC. And the protocols developed
must be designed to accomodate emerging technologies for addressing
lying endpoints.

With these changes, rough consensus was reached that the IETF should
create a WG with this scope and the previously proposed goals. A
substantial number of BOF participants indicated they would help
edit and author documents.

The BOF chairs will work with the ADs, the mailing list, and others
to prepare a revised charter reflecting the BOF's rough consensus.
This charter will be submitted to the IESG for consideration.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea