Subject: [Nea] Conformance requirements

From: "Mike Fratto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:31:57 -0400

Has there been any discussion about specifying conformance
requirements and testing? I didn't see anything about conformance in
the archives. Or is conformance testing not something the working
group will cover?

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:15:48 -0400

>the archives. Or is conformance testing not something the working

The IETF doesn't do conformance testing. The RFCs issued by the group 
will specify what implementations will need to conform to. It is up 
to implementers to do so. In the case where the market feels a need 
to "prove" conformance and/or interoperability, a vendor association 
and/or a testing service can do that for the vendors. [Insert subtly 
implied advertisement here...]

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium