Subject: [Nea] On end-point and network privacy issues, requirements, etc...

From: "Juan Gomez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:23:50 -0800

1.-After reading most of the messages on this topic I think that having
NEA endpoint/network negotiate to what level they are willing to
disclose attributes (endpoints) and policies (network) will expand the
scope of the WG and its applicability and perhaps is most desirable. 

2.-I seem to have read that some of the requirements being proposed
include having NEA provide encryption and authentication: hopefully that
means leveraging existing protocols that already exist and not bulking
NEA with its own versions of those.

3.-Last, but not least :-), when endpoint and network are presented as
adversaries, unwilling to disclose full information about each other,
what ensures that the assertions resulting from one NEA
negotiation/protocol query are reliable: say network queries the
endpoint about attributes or network provides endpoint client with
policies: what part of the protocol ensures the compliance assurance by
the endpoint is reliable? Should this be a requirement too?

Regards, Juan Gomez

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea