Subject: [Nea] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements
	Author(s)	: P. Sangster, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
This document defines the problem statement, scope and interface 
   (protocol) requirements between the components of the NEA (Network 
   Endpoint Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of 
   networks (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism to 
   evaluate the posture of a system.  This may take place during the 
   request for network access and/or subsequently at any time while 
   connected to the network.  The learned posture information can then 
   be applied to a variety of compliance oriented decisions.  The 
   posture information is frequently useful for detecting systems that 
   are lacking (or have out of date) security protective mechanisms 
   (e.g. anti-virus, firewall). 
 
   In order to provide context for the requirements, a reference 
   model and terminology are introduced.  This model is provided for 
   informational purposes but is based on the models used by NAC 
   [CNAC], NAP[NAP] and TNC[TNC].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea