Subject: [Nea] FW: IETF 69 NEA WG Summary

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:59:11 -0400

For those who couldn't make it to Chicago and don't want
to wait for the meeting minutes, here's a quick summary
of what happened at the NEA WG meeting this week.

Thanks,

Steve 

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hanna 
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF 69 NEA WG Summary

The NEA WG met Monday, 23 July 2007, 1-3 PM CDT.

The NEA Requirements I-D <draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt>
is in WGLC. Several good comments have been received but more
were solicited. Seven new reviewers were signed up. Tim Polk
promised to help find more, especially from outside the WG.

Kaushik Narayan gave an overview of the current requirements
document, including a review of changes since IETF 68 and a
review of all the requirements. He raised several open issues
for discussion such as whether the requirements document
should contain non-normative design guidance. Consensus on
these items will be confirmed on the list. One question needs
more external input: whether the Privacy Considerations section
of the draft is adequate. Tim Polk will help us get input from
some privacy experts. Open discussion on the requirements
document ensued.

Steve Hanna reviewed the next steps for the WG. We'll finish
the WGLC on the requirements document and issue a revised I-D.
If the changes were major, we'll do another WGLC. When we have
WG consensus on the requirements document, we'll submit it to
the IESG for IETF LC and eventual publication as Informational.
When the document is ready, we'll revise our milestones and
begin work on the PA and PB protocols.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea