Subject: [Nea] FYI: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04 submitted for publication

From: "Paul Sangster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:01:08 -0700

Just wanted to update the WG that we have submitted an updated version
(-04)
of the Overview and Requirements I-D to the IETF for publication.  We 
expect this version will be available next week.
 
Version -04 has a number of improvements over -03 based on feedback from
the WG particularly during the WGLC period (note that we did not get to 
incorporate comments made post-WGLC in this revision).  Based on these
comments 
we felt it was necessary to make some significant enough changes that 
would warrent another WGLC period on the -04 version.  We also have one
remaining significant issue we would like the WG to discuss prior to
starting 
WGLC (more on this next week).
 
In summary, the editors made the following non-editorial changes in -04:
   o Rewrote introduction initial paragraph to avoid potential confusion
     about our scope.
   o Emphasized requirements section is only normative section in I-D
   o Removed term 'component' and reworded several sections to
de-emphasize
     word causing some confusion.
   o Clarified discussion of Posture Collector and Validator identities
   o Removed figures considered inconsistent and confusing
   * Clarified and simplified many of the requirements.  Please review
     these changes and send comments. Specifically the changes were:
       - Simplified C-1
       - Merged intent of C-2 and C-3 (covering initiating assessment or
         reassessment from NEA client or server) making both a SHOULD
(instead
         of just re-assessment) in a single requirement (C-2 in -04
I-D).
       - Simplified wording of C-4 (formerly C-5 in -03 I-D)
       - Replaced/simplified former C-9 and C-10 with words clarifying
their 
         intent
       - Added new C-9 which covers PA-8 from -03 I-D (I18N of strings)
       - Removed former PA-3 (not necessary)
       - Clarified wording of PA-4
       - PA-8 from -03 I-D moved and reworded into new C-9
       - Added new PB-2 (not interpret PA contents)
       - Replace/reworded former PB-3 to clarify its intention
       - Removed PT-1 and PT-2 which are covered by other reqs (e.g. new
C-8)
       - Mergered PT-4 and PT-6 from -03 I-D (security requirements) in
new PT-2
       - Added new PT-4 and PT-5 focused on where PT SHOULD be able to
run
   o Made numerous editorial changes based on comments from: Alan DeKok,

     Lauren Giroux, Steve Hanna, Paul Hoffman, Leif Johansson, Tim Polk,

     Joe Salowey, Chris Salter, Mauricio Sanchez, Susan Thomson, Nancy
Winget
 
* - Significant change needing most review
 
As you can tell the bulk of the non-editorial work went into the
requirements
section which has changed significantly.  We would like to encourage WG
members to closely review section 7 and send feedback ASAP so we can
proceed
towards another WGLC.  Clearly the list will make more sense once the
I-D is
published :).
 
Thanks,
 
Paul
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea