Subject: [Nea] REMINDER: NEA WG Last Call for comments on draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt due Friday August 10

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:33:12 -0400

This is a reminder that the WG Last Call review period for the NEA
requirements draft ends this week on Friday, August 10. All NEA WG
members are requested to review this document thoroughly and provide
comments to the NEA mailing list at this time.

See original announcement with pointer to requirements draft below.

Thanks
Susan 

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Thomson (sethomso) 
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Stephen Hanna; Tim Polk
Subject: NEA WG Last Call for comments on
draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt

As discussed as part of the milestone review at the last IETF meeting
and on the mailing list, we are now issuing a WG Last Call for comments
on the -03 version of the NEA requirements draft. Because of the
upcoming IETF meeting and the associated workload, the last call period
will
last for at least 4 weeks starting from today, July 13 until August 10.

The draft is at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt

All NEA WG participants are requested to review this document and
provide their comments within this period to the NEA WG mailing list. If
there are many comments, please use multiple email messages structured
in a way that helps facilitate discussion e.g. section by section, or
substantive versus editorial comments.

Thanks
Steve & Susan.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:56:25 -0700

Susan - Dr. Tim:

within the scope of the charter the document seems OK - it may have a number 
of process or scenario specific goochies in it but generally it seems fine.

The larger problem is the issue of end-use and ultimate use models which 
don't exist and are not in the document making this yet another of those 
"use me anyway you want to" type affairs, and that makes auditing these 
technologies painful.

I suggest that several very specific end-use models are put in place before 
any more work on NEA is done and the implementation docs all play to them. 
Without that this is yet another wondrous goodie in search of a problem to 
solve and we have too many of those now anyway.

Todd
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Tim Polk" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 1:33 PM
Subject: [Nea] REMINDER: NEA WG Last Call for comments 
ondraft-ietf-nea-requirements-03.txt due Friday August 10

Thanks
Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Thomson (sethomso)
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Stephen Hanna; Tim Polk
Subject: NEA WG Last Call for comments on

The draft is at:

Thanks
Steve & Susan.