Subject: [Nea] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements
	Author(s)	: P. Sangster, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 2007-8-28
	
This document defines the problem statement, scope and protocol  
   requirements between the components of the NEA (Network Endpoint  
   Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of networks  
   (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism to  
   evaluate the posture of a system.  This may take place during the  
   request for network access and/or subsequently at any time while  
   connected to the network.  The learned posture information can  
   then be applied to a variety of compliance oriented decisions.   
   The posture information is frequently useful for detecting  
   systems that are lacking or have out of date security protective  
   mechanisms such as: anti-virus and host-based firewall software.   
   In order to provide context for the requirements, a reference  
   model and terminology are introduced.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea