Subject: [Nea] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements
	Author(s)	: P. Sangster
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2008-4-18
	
This document defines the problem statement, scope and protocol  
   requirements between the components of the NEA (Network Endpoint  
   Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of networks  
   (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism to  
   evaluate the posture of a system.  This may take place during the  
   request for network access and/or subsequently at any time while  
   connected to the network.  The learned posture information can  
   then be applied to a variety of compliance oriented decisions.   
   The posture information is frequently useful for detecting  
   systems that are lacking or have out of date security protective  
   mechanisms such as: anti-virus and host-based firewall software.   
   In order to provide context for the requirements, a reference  
   model and terminology are introduced.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "Paul Sangster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:28:40 -0700

As everyone noticed from the mail below, we have submitted an update to
the overview and requirements specification.  The additions were to
address comments raised by the IESG review.

This revision includes 3 notable changes.  Two of the changes involve
the use of the NEA protocols in constrained environments, specifically:
a new common requirement (C-11) and a discussion of the issue in section
5.2.3 (paragraphs 2 and 3) with regard to the PT protocol.  The third
change was to add to the description of potential man in the middle
threats at the end of section 8.3.1.

Because we added significant text and in particular a new requirement,
we believe the new portions of the document require another WG review
prior to returning to the IESG review.  Please review the changes and
send any significant issues.

Paul

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 1:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Nea] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
> Internet-Drafts directories.
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>