Subject: [Nea] New version of PB-TNC posted (-05)

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:20:55 -0400

I just posted a new version of PB-TNC: draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-05.txt.
This version includes a variety of changes to address IESG comments.
The list of changes is below. As you can see, the IESG and the
document editors have been busy for the last few months!

Since some of these changes are significant, we plan to run another
WGLC on this draft to make sure that the NEA Working Group has
consensus that these changes should be made. However, we will
not start the WGLC until we have heard from the IESG that their
concerns have been addressed. There's no reason to call on all
WG members to review the -05 version if we're just going to
need to post a -06 version shortly with more changes!

So look out for another email in a few weeks, asking for a WGLC.
And thanks to the IESG for bringing some new perspectives to
the document review. The document is certainly improved because
of their review.

Thanks,

Steve

--------

Summary of differences between PB-TNC -04 and -05

* Tightened up error handling, changing many SHOULDs to MUSTs
* Added CLOSE batch type to gracefully signal close and
  carry fatal errors
* Added additional PT requirements in new section 3.3.1
* Removed Retry-Acknowledge bit since no longer needed
* Added language tag to Remediation-String
* Changed language tag length from 32 bits to 8 bits
* Fixed to allow several IDs per Posture Collector/Validator
* Minor clarifications and fixes
* Added normative reference for RFC 3629 (UTF-8)
* Added acknowledgment for Trusted Computing Group (TCG)
* Removed discussion of relationship with TCG
* Fixed IANA Considerations