Subject: [Nea] Call for submissions for Posture Transport protocol proposals

From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:46:09 -0400

As announced on the mailing list recently, the charter for the NEA WG
has been updated to allow work to proceed on Posture Transport (PT)
protocol(s). The next step is to solicit proposals for PT from the WG. 

If you have a proposal, please submit it to the IETF as an
Internet-Draft (individual submission) by 5pm PT on Mon, Jan 4, 2010.
Also, please notify the chairs by Mon Nov 2, if you plan to submit a
proposal, and indicate whether you will be available to provide a
conceptual overview of the proposal at the WG meeting at IETF76. This
will help with setting the WG agenda.

As you see, due to the delay in approval of the WG charter, we are
setting the deadline for proposal submission to be after the upcoming
IETF. This is later than originally planned, but we felt it was
important to provide sufficient time for I-Ds to be written. To expedite
progress, we do plan to allow time in the WG agenda at IETF76 for
proponents to provide a conceptual overview of the planned submissions.
This will allow early WG feedback, and provide the opportunity to
combine proposals before submitting an I-D. No decisions will be made on
selection of one proposal or another until the individual submissions
have been received and reviewed by the WG.

As discussed at the last IETF, we will be following a process similar to
that used with the PA and PB protocols in determining which proposals
are adopted as WG drafts. The tentative plan is to hold a virtual
meeting in January 2010 (schedule TBD) to discuss the proposals and
decide on how to proceed. As always, consensus will be verified on the
mailing list. 

Thanks
Susan and Steve