Subject: [Nea] NEA WG Report for IETF 79

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 04:48:26 +0800

While we're waiting for the NEA WG minutes to be prepared, here's a quick
summary of what happened at the meeting this week.

Thanks,

Steve

---------

The NEA WG met on Monday, November 8 from 1300 to 1500. We heard a report
from the NEA Asokan Attack Mitigation Design Team that we started up after the
last IETF meeting. They recommended using the tls-unique channel bindings to
address the NEA Asokan attack by binding the Posture Transport protocol (PT)
to a PA protocol message exchange with an External Measurement Agent (EMA),
as described in draft-salowey-nea-asokan-00.txt. There was complete consensus
in the room to take this approach. Assuming this consensus is confirmed on the
email list, the next step is to update the PT proposals to reflect it
and to create
an informational document with guidance for EMA implementors. We plan to hold
a virtual interim meeting in January to decide which PT proposals will
go forward.
By IETF 80, we should have WG drafts for PT and we hope to complete work on
those by August 2011.