Subject: [nemo] The deadline for paper submission to WoNS 2005 is extended to June 30

From: Kui Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

Due to several requests, the deadline for the First IEEE LCN Workshop on 
Network Security (WoNS 2005) has been extended to June 30, 2005.

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers

============================
The First IEEE LCN Workshop on Network Security (WoNS 2005)
                  Sydney, Australia, November 15-17, 2005.

The First International Workshop on Network Security (WoNS), will be a
one-day workshop, held in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Local
Computer Networks (LCN). The workshop will bring together networking
researchers, engineers, and practitioners with participants from industry,
academia, and government.

The workshop will be a full-day event on Tuesday November 15th. (Please
also visit http://www.ieeelcn.org)

Topics of Interest:

The proliferation of commercial activities over different networked
systems has brought security concerns on an unprecedented scale. From
traditional Internet-based applications to newly emerging ubiquitous
services over 3G, Wireless LAN, and mobile ad hoc networks, there is an
increasing demand of measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity,
and availability of system services.

The main purpose of this workshop is to promote further research interests
and activities on network security. It is also aimed at increasing the
synergy between academic and industrial researchers working in this area.
We are interested in experimental, systems-related, and work-in-progress
papers in all aspects of network security. The topics of interest include
(but are not limited to):

     * Novel and emerging secure architecture
     * Study of attack strategies, attack modeling
     * Key management
     * Intrusion detection techniques
     * Intrusion response, alarm management, and correlation analysis
     * Study of tradeoffs between security and system performance
     * Intrusion tolerance systems
     * Secure protocols
     * Security for emerging network technologies (e.g., ad hoc networks,
sensor networks, WiMAX, WPAN, etc.)

Papers should describe original, previously unpublished work, not
currently under review by another conference, workshop, or journal. Paper
length should not exceed 20 pages. Papers should be submitted
electronically in PDF format via EDAS.

Accepted papers will appear in the IEEE LCN conference proceedings.

Important dates

Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2005 (5pm EST)
Notification of acceptance: July 28, 2005
Camera-ready paper due: August 25, 2005
Author registration deadline: August 19, 2005
Workshop: November 15, 2005