Subject: RE: [nemo] review of draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-00

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:36:26 +0200

>
>Pascal Thubert wrote:
>
>>Note that the nesting exists with RFC 3963 and the first thing
>>that might happen with a mobile router and a 2 radio interfaces is
that
>>the egress attaches to the ingress; So the question of loop avoidance
is
>>NOT an RO issue. RO, just like NEMO, assumes that the problem is fixed
>>some way. Steve Deering asked that same question when NEMO was just a
>>BOF, how do we avoid those loops?
>>
>>This is the reason why we proposed: (snip)
>>
>>
>I like the idea of separating loop detection and route optimization
>from each other. (snap)
>

[<PT>] Right; it seems to me that fixing the loop detection is a prereq
for working on the route optimization for nested NEMO. We should really
move forward with MANEMO asap...

Pascal