Subject: RE: [nemo] Re: comments on draft-ietf-nemo-dhcpv6-pd-00.txt

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:23:02 +0200

Let me add a little bit on Vijay's answer which I agree with btw :)

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ryuji Wakikawa [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 6:56 PM
>To: Vijay Devarapalli
>Cc: Pascal Thubert (pthubert); [email-masked]; Ralph Droms (rdroms)
>Subject: Re: [nemo] Re: comments on draft-ietf-nemo-dhcpv6-pd-00.txt
>
>Hello Pascal and Vijay
>
>I read the draft and feel the same impression with Vijay. I agree
>with Vijay.
>The section 3.2 is not directly related to the NEMO PD.
>We had the consensus not to include local mobility management in
>DHCPv6PD
>at the Minneapolis meeting (forget maybe somewhere else).
>
[<PT>] I guess it's no problem to remove that part. We might want to
discuss that at NETLMM, what do you think?

>Here are more comments.
>
>Can MR can skip DHCP server discovery sending message to FF02::1:2 ?
>If MR knows the HA, MR can send request message to the HA without DR
>discovery.

[<PT>] Ralph and I talked about that. His point:

"If I understand the question correctly, the suggestion is to skip the
Solicit/Advertise messages and go straight to Request/Reply.

I would prefer not to make that change to the DHCPv6 protocol.  If the
concern is in the number of messages, the MR could use Rapid Commit to
use a Solicit/Reply message exchange."

[<PT>] >On the other hand, If MR does not know the HA, can MR use
DHCP6PD as
>an alternative HA discovery mechanism?
[<PT>] Same as Vijay

>Or, MR rather do DHAAD to know a HA first, then it sends an address
>request message to the known HA?
>
[<PT>] Same as Vijay

>When there are multiple HAs available at a home link, do you assume
>only one of HA supports DR?

[<PT>] All HAs being DR would be difficult to manage/coordinate. Rather,
if you want a symmetrical configuration, then all the HAs are relays and
a specific server is DR on the Hone Link.

I'm taking your questions as really pointing out where the text is
unclear. Ralph and I are already discussing on how to fix this :) Thanks
Ryuji...

Pascal

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:19:14 -0700

sounds good to me.

Vijay