Subject: [nemo] Journal Special issue on Coverage Problems in Sensor Networks

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:12:24 -0800 (PST)

International Journal of Sensor Networks  (IJSNET)

Call For papers

Special Issue on: "Coverage Problems in Sensor Networks"

http://www.inderscience.com/browse/callpaper.php?callID=322

Guest Editors : 
Dr. Maggie Cheng, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA
Dr. Ding-Zhu Du, University of Texas at Dallas, USA 

Sensor networks have been an active research area in recent years. As
more and more practical applications of sensor networks continue to
emerge, the performance aspects of sensor networks start to attract new
attentions. Among many others, the coverage of a sensor network,
directly related to the surveillance capability, is intractably
interleaved with other quality of service issues in sensor networks. In
the literature, coverage problems have been addressed from different
perspectives, mostly as standalone problems, and solution techniques
evaluated in various context. Coverage is one of the fundamental
problems in sensor networks. It is important to highlight the most
important contributions in sensor network coverage research, especially
those that lead to fundamental mathematical models, uniform performance
metrics and standard assessment methods.

The aim of this special issue is to provide a platform for sensor
network researchers in industry and academia to present the
state-of-the-art research that addresses the fundamental coverage
problems in sensor networks, explore the relation of coverage to other
practical performance metrics, and promote the research activity in
sensor networks.

   Subject Coverage

Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following topics:

Coverage computation addressed from a statistical or deterministic
point of view, especially leveraging graph theory and information
theory 
Mathematical performance modelling of coverage 
Coverage metrics and monitoring---new criteria and evaluation methods 
Theoretical analysis addressing
     o the relation between coverage and network connectivity
     o the relation between coverage and network capacity 
Distributed and localized computation of coverage 
Distributed coordination and self-organization related to coverage 
Energy efficient algorithms and approaches related to coverage 
Power-saving modes of operation related to coverage 
Scheduling algorithms and protocols related to coverage 
Fault tolerant coverage configuration in sensor networks 
Application of formal methods to the assessment of sensor network
coverage 
   Notes for Intending Authors

Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be
currently under consideration for publication elsewhere

All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for
authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting
papers are available on the Papers Submission section under Author
Guidelines

To submit a paper, please go to Submission of Papers

This is our preferred route for submitting papers; please use it if at
all possible. However, if you experience any problems submitting papers
in this way, an alternative route is suggested below

Submit the manuscript via e-mail to Dr. Maggie Cheng at [email-masked]
The acceptable manuscript format is PDF.

   Important Dates

Manuscript due: 1 April 2006 

Acceptance/rejection notification: 1 August 2006 

Final manuscript due: 31 August 2006 

Publication date: January 2007

   Editors and Notes

As an alternative to using the Submission of Papers site, you may send
one copy in the form of a PDF file attached to an e-mail (details in
Author Guidelines) to the following:

Dr. Maggie Cheng
University of Missouri-Rolla
Tel: 573-341-7501
E-mail: [email-masked]

Dr. Ding-Zhu Du
University of Texas at Dallas
Tel: 972- 883-6615
E-mail: [email-masked]

with an email copy only to:

Editor-in-Chief
IEL Editorial Office
E-mail: [email-masked]

Please include in your submission the title of the Special Issue, the
title of the Journal and the name of the Guest Editor