Subject: [nemo] RE: Deployment Requirements

From: LIN hai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:52:45 +0200

Dear Ernst,

> Hi the....
>
> If some people think these are important deployment requirements, I
> don't see any reason why it should be dismissed.
> Could you refine this requirement in more technical terms ? Do you mean
> fast horizontal handovers (this could merely mean to check FMIPv6 is
> appropriate for mobile routers operating NEMO BS) or vertical handovers ? 

In our work, we focus on horizontal handover but we think also vertical 
handover can be investigated.
The aim of our work is to decrease the packet loss and delay during 
handover by taking benefits from the NEMO architecture (multiple MRs can 
be located in a mobile network). We also intend to enhance the handover 
performance for nested mobile networks.

> For the resource reservation between CN and MNN, do you consider an
> optimized path, or a path through the HA ?

We consider a path through the HA.
We propose to make use of the common route between MR and HA to ensure a 
scalable resource reservation based on the aggregation of per-flow 
reservations.