Subject: notification-09 consensus points

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:36:23 -0700

Hi,

I have reviewed the latest notification draft, and it is very
close to done!

There are clarifications and small bug fixes already pointed
out in review comments.  In addition, the comments below
require that the WG make a couple of decisions.

==============================================

sec 1.3, para 2, last sentence

[Andy]

Current:

   An example of when other commands would be processed is if a separate
   capability was advertised indicating support of this functionality.

Proposed:

   [some text defining the :interleave capability]

  *** WG consensus point *************************************
  * Add :interleave capability to indicate agent will accept *
  * other RPC methods besides close-session while delivering *
  * notifications.  Yes/No?                                  *
  ************************************************************

==============================================

sec 2.3

[Martin]

Add sentence about <close-session> as the primary method
to terminate the session. 

[Andy] IMO the <kill-session> and drop connection text
should be removed.

==============================================

sec 4. and 5: eventTime element

The XSD and examples show the eventTime as a sibling
of the notificationContent node, not a child of the
notification content:

[A] Current:

   <notification
      xmlns="urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:notification:1.0">
      <eventTime>2007-07-08T00:01:00Z</eventTime>
      <event xmlns="http://example.com/event/1.0">
         <eventClass>fault</eventClass>
         <reportingEntity>
             <card>Ethernet0</card>
         </reportingEntity>
         <severity>major</severity>
       </event>
   </notification>

[B] Discussed on mailing list:

   <not:notification
      xmlns:not="urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:notification:1.0">
      <event xmlns="http://example.com/event/1.0">
         <not:eventTime>2007-07-08T00:01:00Z</not:eventTime>
         <eventClass>fault</eventClass>
         <reportingEntity>
             <card>Ethernet0</card>
         </reportingEntity>
         <severity>major</severity>
       </event>
   </not:notification>

  *** WG consensus point ****************************************
  * [A] == Keep 'eventTime' as a sibling of notificationContent *
  * [B] == Make 'eventTime' a child of notificationContent      *
  *                [A] or [B]?                                  *
  ***************************************************************

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:16:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> require that the WG make a couple of decisions.

This text is already present in the pre-10 draft Sharon sent to the
list.  The only missing pieces was the error if a second
create-subscription, and error for too big stopTime.

>   * notifications.  Yes/No?                                  *

Yes.

> [B] Discussed on mailing list:

I must have missed this discussion.

>   * [B] == Make 'eventTime' a child of notificationContent      *

[A].

/martin