Subject: [Netconf] Schema advertisement draft updated (-01)

From: OKITA Hideki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:57:01 +0900 (JST)

Hello All,

I have updated draft-okita-netconf-advertisement draft according to
the comments from Martin, Balazs, Phil, and our chairs.
I will submit this soon after the I-D tool restart on Monday.

updated:
  - How each mapping transfer a WSDL file directly on its transport
  - How to describe a schema list in XSD style
  - How to add an original RPC

Although this draft still includes following schema-query related solution
for discussion in the Philadelphia, these items will be moved to -monitoring
draft after next week.

  - How to describe supported datamodels in a XML document
  - How to describe a schema list in XSD style

Regards,

Hideki Okita

Network Working Group                                           H. Okita
Internet-Draft                                             Hitachi, Ltd.
Intended status: Informational                                 T. Iijima
Expires: May 4, 2008                                         Y. Atarashi
                                                           Alaxala Corp.
                                                           November 2007

    NETCONF Configuration Interface Advertisement with WSDL and XSD
                  draft-okita-netconf-advertisement-01

Status of this Memo

   By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
   applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
   have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
   aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on May 4, 2008.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 1]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Abstract

   This memo describes a configuration interface advertisement method
   for NETCONF device developers.  In the proposal, the developers take
   a configuration interface definition information of target NETCONF
   devices.  On their development environment, they generate stab
   classes to control the devices.  The NETCONF device advertises their
   configuration interface by a WSDL file.  The WSDL file describes
   message type of each NETCONF operation of the device.  The WSDL file
   contains XML Schema in its types element and describes definition of
   the types definition used to configuration data.  By this
   configuration interface advertisement, Network management System
   (NMS) developers can improve their development efficiency of the NMS.

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  NETCONF Protocol . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
   3.  Proposal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
     3.1.  Target Architecture  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
     3.2.  NETCONF Operation Interface Description by WSDL  . . . . .  6
     3.3.  Operation and Datamodel Type Definition by XSD . . . . . .  9
     3.4.  Original RPC definitit/Plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello All,

I have updated draft-okita-netconf-advertisement draft according to
the comments from Martin, Balazs, Phil, and our chairs.
I will submit this soon after the I-D tool restart on Monday.

updated:
  - How each mapping transfer a WSDL file directly on its transport
  - How to describe a schema list in XSD style
  - How to add an original RPC

Although this draft still includes following schema-query related solution
for discussion in the Philadelphia, these items will be moved to -monitoring
draft after next week.

  - How to describe supported datamodels in a XML document
  - How to describe a schema list in XSD style

Regards,

Hideki Okita

Network Working Group                                           H. Okita
Internet-Draft                                             Hitachi, Ltd.
Intended status: Informational                                 T. Iijima
Expires: May 4, 2008                                         Y. Atarashi
                                                           Alaxala Corp.
                                                           November 2007

    NETCONF Configuration Interface Advertisement with WSDL and XSD
                  draft-okita-netconf-advertisement-01

Status of this Memo

   By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
   applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
   have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
   aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on May 4, 2008.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 1]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Abstract

   This memo describes a configuration interface advertisement method
   for NETCONF device developers.  In the proposal, the developers take
   a configuration interface definition information of target NETCONF
   devices.  On their development environment, they generate stab
   classes to control the devices.  The NETCONF device advertises their
   configuration interface by a WSDL file.  The WSDL file describes
   message type of each NETCONF operation of the device.  The WSDL file
   contains XML Schema in its types element and describes definition of
   the types definition used to configuration data.  By this
   configuration interface advertisement, Network management System
   (NMS) developers can improve their development efficiency of the NMS.

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  NETCONF Protocol . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
   3.  Proposal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
     3.1.  Target Architecture  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
     3.2.  NETCONF Operation Interface Description by WSDL  . . . . .  6
     3.3.  Operation and Datamodel Type Definition by XSD . . . . . .  9
     3.4.  Original RPC definition  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
     3.5.  Schema list retrieval  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
     3.6.  Publishment of datamodels and interfaces information . . . 13
     3.7.  Reference Programming Model with Web-Service Middleware  . 14
   4.  Security Consideration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
   5.  IANA Consideration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16
   6.  References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     6.1.  Normative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     6.2.  Informative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   Authors' Addresses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19
   Intellectual Property and Copyright Statements . . . . . . . . . . 20

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 2]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

1.  Introduction

   IETF netconf WG made up NETCONF protocol [1] , standard configuration
   protocol between a network management system and network devices.  By
   using this unified management/configuration protocol, operators can
   reduce management/configuration cost.

   Now, the NETCONF protocol has a new additional requirement that
   NETCONF users would like to know configuration datamodels and
   interfaces supported by NETCONF devices.  There are two situations,
   pre-deployment and post-deployment.  In the pre-deployment case,
   software engineers would like to know NETCONF devices' datamodels and
   interfaces to develop their NMS.  To implement the NETCONF NMS, the
   developers should check the Schema that defines the configuration
   data of the target NETCONF device.  They should know XML tree
   construction of the configuration data and type definition of the
   each element in the XML tree.

   In the post-deployment case, a NETCONF client (manager) takes
   dinamically information about supported datamodels from a NETCONF
   server (device).  For example, an operator applies a patch to a
   target NETCONF device to update supported datamodels from a NETCONF
   NMS, and check the update later.

   XML Schema [13] or other XML schema language is used to describe the
   structure of configuration data.  NETCONF users can know supported
   datamodels by taking schemas from target devices.  However, today
   there are no standard way to take the schema from a target NETCONF
   device.

   This document provides standard way to take information of datamodels
   and interfaces supported by a NETCONF device to improve NMS
   development process in the pre-deployment case.  First, this document
   standardizes how to describe the configuration interface of NETCONF
   devices.  Second, this document standardizes how to describe the type
   definition of the XML elements that occur in the NETCONF protocol
   messages.  Last, this document standardizes how to advertise the
   above configuration interface definition information.

   This document also describe how NETCONF NMS developers automeate the
   construction of NETCONF stack during the development of a NETCONF
   NMS.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 3]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

2.  NETCONF Protocol

   Characteristics of the NETCONF protocol are (1) XML-format, (2) RPC-
   style, and (3) separation of operation and datamodel.

   The NETCONF protocol has protocol messages described in XML format.
   XML-format makes it easy for operators to read configuration data.
   It also improves machine readability of the configuration data since
   XML documents are well-formed.  From a different viewpoint, various
   XML related tools eases development of devices compliant to the
   NETCONF protocol.

   The NETCONF protocol is a Remote Procedure Call (RPC) style protocol.
   RPC-style protocols have sets of a request message and a
   corresponding reply message.  It is easy to implement on a management
   software, since each RPC of the protoon  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
     3.5.  Schema list retrieval  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
     3.6.  Publishment of datamodels and interfaces information . . . 13
     3.7.  Reference Programming Model with Web-Service Middleware  . 14
   4.  Security Consideration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
   5.  IANA Consideration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16
   6.  References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     6.1.  Normative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
     6.2.  Informative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
   Authors' Addresses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19
   Intellectual Property and Copyright Statements . . . . . . . . . . 20

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 2]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

1.  Introduction

   IETF netconf WG made up NETCONF protocol [1] , standard configuration
   protocol between a network management system and network devices.  By
   using this unified management/configuration protocol, operators can
   reduce management/configuration cost.

   Now, the NETCONF protocol has a new additional requirement that
   NETCONF users would like to know configuration datamodels and
   interfaces supported by NETCONF devices.  There are two situations,
   pre-deployment and post-deployment.  In the pre-deployment case,
   software engineers would like to know NETCONF devices' datamodels and
   interfaces to develop their NMS.  To implement the NETCONF NMS, the
   developers should check the Schema that defines the configuration
   data of the target NETCONF device.  They should know XML tree
   construction of the configuration data and type definition of the
   each element in the XML tree.

   In the post-deployment case, a NETCONF client (manager) takes
   dinamically information about supported datamodels from a NETCONF
   server (device).  For example, an operator applies a patch to a
   target NETCONF device to update supported datamodels from a NETCONF
   NMS, and check the update later.

   XML Schema [13] or other XML schema language is used to describe the
   structure of configuration data.  NETCONF users can know supported
   datamodels by taking schemas from target devices.  However, today
   there are no standard way to take the schema from a target NETCONF
   device.

   This document provides standard way to take information of datamodels
   and interfaces supported by a NETCONF device to improve NMS
   development process in the pre-deployment case.  First, this document
   standardizes how to describe the configuration interface of NETCONF
   devices.  Second, this document standardizes how to describe the type
   definition of the XML elements that occur in the NETCONF protocol
   messages.  Last, this document standardizes how to advertise the
   above configuration interface definition information.

   This document also describe how NETCONF NMS developers automeate the
   construction of NETCONF stack during the development of a NETCONF
   NMS.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 3]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

2.  NETCONF Protocol

   Characteristics of the NETCONF protocol are (1) XML-format, (2) RPC-
   style, and (3) separation of operation and datamodel.

   The NETCONF protocol has protocol messages described in XML format.
   XML-format makes it easy for operators to read configuration data.
   It also improves machine readability of the configuration data since
   XML documents are well-formed.  From a different viewpoint, various
   XML related tools eases development of devices compliant to the
   NETCONF protocol.

   The NETCONF protocol is a Remote Procedure Call (RPC) style protocol.
   RPC-style protocols have sets of a request message and a
   corresponding reply message.  It is easy to implement on a management
   software, since each RPC of the protocol corresponds to a function
   call of the programs.

                 Layer                      Example
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (4) |   Content   |      |     Configuration data      |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (3) | Operations  |      | <get-config>, <edit-config> |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (2) |     RPC     |      |    <rpc>, <rpc-reply>       |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (1) |  Transport  |      |     SSH, SSL, console,      |
            |   Protocol  |      |     SOAP/HTTP, BEEP         |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+

                                 Figure 1

   The NETCONF protocol defines protocol operations and datamodels
   separately.  The NETCONF protocol has four layers.  Figure 1 shows
   the NETCONF protocol structure.  It contains Transport Protocol
   Layer, RPC Layer, Operations Layer and Content Layer.

   In the RPC Layer and Operations Layer, the netconf WG defined RPC
   message and basic protocol operations [1] .  These NETCONF operations
   carry configuration data inside <config> element.  The WG also

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 4]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   defined the transport mapping of the NETCONF protocol for SSH [2] ,
   SOAP/HTTP [3] and BEEP [4] .

   The Content Layer defines model of the NETCONF content carried by
   NETCONF operations such as <get-config> and <edit-config>.  The
   structure of the configuration data is defined by schema language
   such as DTD [12] , XML Schema [13] or RelaxNG for the each model.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 5]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

3.  Proposal

   To fulfill the above requirements, we propose adoption of Web-Service
   architecture to the NETCONF system architecture.  The proposed
   NETCONF system uses Web Service Description Language (WSDL) [16] and
   XML Schema (XSD) widely deployed in Web-service system.

   Features of this proposal:

      - WSDL for interface description

      - XSD for type definition

      - WSDL file transfer on mapping-depend transport with fixed URI

3.1.  Target Architecture

   This proposal assumes the following NETCONF system architecture.
   Developers implement their NMS as a NETCONF manager on their
   development environment with help of the NETCONF configuration
   interface information provided by NETCONF device developers via the
   direct access to the NETCONF device or via indirect access with Web
   server.  The implemented NMS works on a runtime environment and
   access NETCONF devices via NETCONF protocol.

      - NETCONF Device

      - Development Environment NETCONF Manager

      - Runtime Environment NETCONF Manager

      - Device vendor's Web server

3.2.  NETCONF Operation Interface Description by WSDL

   NETCONF devices advertise their configuration interface to the
   NETCONF NMS developers.  The developers know name of the operation,
   number and type of arguments, and type of return value from the
   interface advertisement.

   In this proposal, NETCONF system use WSDL file to advertise their
   configuration interface to the NMS developers.  Somehow the NMS
   developers takes a WSDL file corresponding to a target NETCONF
   device, and read the WSDL file.  Then the developers know NETCONF
   operations implemented in the NETCONF device.

   The WSDL file SHOULD include two ordinary NETCcol corresponds to a function
   call of the programs.

                 Layer                      Example
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (4) |   Content   |      |     Configuration data      |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (3) | Operations  |      | <get-config>, <edit-config> |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (2) |     RPC     |      |    <rpc>, <rpc-reply>       |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
                   |                           |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+
        (1) |  Transport  |      |     SSH, SSL, console,      |
            |   Protocol  |      |     SOAP/HTTP, BEEP         |
            +-------------+      +-----------------------------+

                                 Figure 1

   The NETCONF protocol defines protocol operations and datamodels
   separately.  The NETCONF protocol has four layers.  Figure 1 shows
   the NETCONF protocol structure.  It contains Transport Protocol
   Layer, RPC Layer, Operations Layer and Content Layer.

   In the RPC Layer and Operations Layer, the netconf WG defined RPC
   message and basic protocol operations [1] .  These NETCONF operations
   carry configuration data inside <config> element.  The WG also

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 4]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   defined the transport mapping of the NETCONF protocol for SSH [2] ,
   SOAP/HTTP [3] and BEEP [4] .

   The Content Layer defines model of the NETCONF content carried by
   NETCONF operations such as <get-config> and <edit-config>.  The
   structure of the configuration data is defined by schema language
   such as DTD [12] , XML Schema [13] or RelaxNG for the each model.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 5]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

3.  Proposal

   To fulfill the above requirements, we propose adoption of Web-Service
   architecture to the NETCONF system architecture.  The proposed
   NETCONF system uses Web Service Description Language (WSDL) [16] and
   XML Schema (XSD) widely deployed in Web-service system.

   Features of this proposal:

      - WSDL for interface description

      - XSD for type definition

      - WSDL file transfer on mapping-depend transport with fixed URI

3.1.  Target Architecture

   This proposal assumes the following NETCONF system architecture.
   Developers implement their NMS as a NETCONF manager on their
   development environment with help of the NETCONF configuration
   interface information provided by NETCONF device developers via the
   direct access to the NETCONF device or via indirect access with Web
   server.  The implemented NMS works on a runtime environment and
   access NETCONF devices via NETCONF protocol.

      - NETCONF Device

      - Development Environment NETCONF Manager

      - Runtime Environment NETCONF Manager

      - Device vendor's Web server

3.2.  NETCONF Operation Interface Description by WSDL

   NETCONF devices advertise their configuration interface to the
   NETCONF NMS developers.  The developers know name of the operation,
   number and type of arguments, and type of return value from the
   interface advertisement.

   In this proposal, NETCONF system use WSDL file to advertise their
   configuration interface to the NMS developers.  Somehow the NMS
   developers takes a WSDL file corresponding to a target NETCONF
   device, and read the WSDL file.  Then the developers know NETCONF
   operations implemented in the NETCONF device.

   The WSDL file SHOULD include two ordinary NETCONF protocol message
   exchanges: hello exchange and RPC exchange.  In the hello exchange, a

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 6]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   NETCONF Manager throws <hello> element to a NETCONF devices as a
   NETCONF request, and then get <hello> element from the NETCONF device
   as a NETCONF response.  In the RPC exchange, the NETCONF manager
   throws <rpc> element and get <rpc-reply> element.

   Below is a recommended WSDL file example to advertise NETCONF device
   configuration interface proposed in RFC4743.  In this example, SOAP
   over HTTP is selected as its transport protocol binding.  NETCONF
   device developers can choose their favorite transport binding and
   modify the binding part of this WSDL file.

   The WSDL file describes type definition of the argument and return
   value of each operation by XML Schema.  Developers MAY prepare
   external XML Schema as separate file or inline Schema in this WSDL
   file.  In this example, an external XML Schema defines the types.
   When developers prepare inline schema, they make types element under
   the definition element of this WSDL file and place schema element
   same with external schema under the types element.

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <definitions
        xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
        xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
        xmlns:tns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
        xmlns:netb="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
        targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
        name="netconf-soap_1.0.wsdl">

        <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
                location="netconf-base_1.0.xsd"/>

        <message name="helloRequest">
          <part name="in" element="netb:hello"/>
        </message>
        <message name="helloResponse">
          <part name="out" element="netb:hello"/>
        </message>

        <message name="rpcRequest">
          <part name="in" element="netb:rpc"/>
        </message>
        <message name="rpcResponse">
          <part name="out" element="netb:rpc-reply"/>
        </message>

        <portType name="netconfPortType">
          <operation name="rpc">

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 7]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

            <input message="tns:rpcRequest"/>
            <output message="tns:rpcResponse"/>
          </operation>
          <operation name="hello">
            <input message="tns:helloRequest"/>
            <output message="tns:helloResponse"/>
          </operation>
        </portType>

        <binding name="netconfBinding" type="tns:netconfPortType">
          <SOAP:binding style="document"
               transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
          <operation name="hello">
            <SOAP:operation/>
            <input>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </input>
            <output>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </output>
          </operation>
          <operation name="rpc">
            <SOAP:operation/>
            <input>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </input>
            <output>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </output>
          </operation>
        </binding>

        <service name="netconf">
          <port binding="tns:netconfBinding" name="netconfBinding">
            <SOAP:address location="http://localhost:8080/netconf/"/>
          </port>
        </service>

     </definitions>

   When device developers choose SOAP over HTTP binding for the NETCONF
   configuration service, the WSDL ONF protocol message
   exchanges: hello exchange and RPC exchange.  In the hello exchange, a

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 6]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   NETCONF Manager throws <hello> element to a NETCONF devices as a
   NETCONF request, and then get <hello> element from the NETCONF device
   as a NETCONF response.  In the RPC exchange, the NETCONF manager
   throws <rpc> element and get <rpc-reply> element.

   Below is a recommended WSDL file example to advertise NETCONF device
   configuration interface proposed in RFC4743.  In this example, SOAP
   over HTTP is selected as its transport protocol binding.  NETCONF
   device developers can choose their favorite transport binding and
   modify the binding part of this WSDL file.

   The WSDL file describes type definition of the argument and return
   value of each operation by XML Schema.  Developers MAY prepare
   external XML Schema as separate file or inline Schema in this WSDL
   file.  In this example, an external XML Schema defines the types.
   When developers prepare inline schema, they make types element under
   the definition element of this WSDL file and place schema element
   same with external schema under the types element.

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <definitions
        xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
        xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
        xmlns:tns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
        xmlns:netb="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
        targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
        name="netconf-soap_1.0.wsdl">

        <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
                location="netconf-base_1.0.xsd"/>

        <message name="helloRequest">
          <part name="in" element="netb:hello"/>
        </message>
        <message name="helloResponse">
          <part name="out" element="netb:hello"/>
        </message>

        <message name="rpcRequest">
          <part name="in" element="netb:rpc"/>
        </message>
        <message name="rpcResponse">
          <part name="out" element="netb:rpc-reply"/>
        </message>

        <portType name="netconfPortType">
          <operation name="rpc">

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 7]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

            <input message="tns:rpcRequest"/>
            <output message="tns:rpcResponse"/>
          </operation>
          <operation name="hello">
            <input message="tns:helloRequest"/>
            <output message="tns:helloResponse"/>
          </operation>
        </portType>

        <binding name="netconfBinding" type="tns:netconfPortType">
          <SOAP:binding style="document"
               transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
          <operation name="hello">
            <SOAP:operation/>
            <input>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </input>
            <output>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </output>
          </operation>
          <operation name="rpc">
            <SOAP:operation/>
            <input>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </input>
            <output>
              <SOAP:body use="literal"
                   namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"/>
            </output>
          </operation>
        </binding>

        <service name="netconf">
          <port binding="tns:netconfBinding" name="netconfBinding">
            <SOAP:address location="http://localhost:8080/netconf/"/>
          </port>
        </service>

     </definitions>

   When device developers choose SOAP over HTTP binding for the NETCONF
   configuration service, the WSDL file should select "document-literal"
   as its transport binding and message encoding.  In the WSDL file,

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 8]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   style attribute of the binding element SHOULD be "document". input
   and output element in binding element SHOULD include body element
   that has attribute with "literal" value.

3.3.  Operation and Datamodel Type Definition by XSD

   The NETCONF system should prepare XML Schema describing the type of
   argument and return value of rpc request.  As described above, a WSDL
   file describes interface of a NETCONF device.  In addition to the
   interface, the NETCONF device should advertise the type definition.

   The XSD file SHOULD include ordinary NETCONF operations described in
   NETCONF Protocol as the argument of rpc operation defined in the
   above WSDL file.  The XSD file MAY also include NETCONF notification
   subscription operation described in NETCONF Notification [6] .  The
   XSD file MAY also include additional NETCONF operations added by
   vendors.

   Ordinary NETCONF operations:

      - get

      - getConfig

      - editConfig

      - lock

      - unlock

      - subscribe

   NETCONF device developers can add configuration datamodel as
   additional type definition in this XSD file.  They can add import
   element for the pointer to an external schema defining configuration
   item elements, for example, interfaceType, vlanType, and etc.  They
   can use proposed configuration datamodels like VLAN datamodel [7] ,
   Diff-Serv datamodel [8] , and ACL datamodel [9] .  They can also
   include these type definitions as an inline schema in this XSD file.

   Following describes an example XML Schema advertising the type
   definition of the NETCONF operation messages.  It contains following
   type definitions as an example.  This XML Schema contains types for
   edit-config operation message, interface configuration message, and
   vlan configuration message.  The two types are described by inline
   schema.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 9]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

      - rpcType

      - rpcOperationType

      - interfaceType

      - vlanType

      - configInlineType

      - editConfigType

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
              targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
              elementFormDefault="qualified"
              attributeFormDefault="qualified"
              xml:lang="en">
     <!--
       <rpc> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="rpcType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="rpcOperation"/>
       </xs:sequence>
       <xs:attribute name="message-id" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="rpc" type="rpcType"/>

     <!--
       rpcOperationType: abstraction type
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="rpcOperationType"/>
     <xs:element name="rpcOperation"
                 type="rpcOperationType" abstract="true"/>

     <!--
       Type for <interface> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="interfaceType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="IfId"   type="xs:integer"
         <xs:element name="IfName" type="xs:string"
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 10]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

     <xs:element name="interface" type="interfaceType">

     <!--
       Type for <vlan> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="vlanType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="VlanId"   type="xs:integer"
         <xs:element name="VlanName" type="xs:string"
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="vlan" type="vlanType">

     <!--
       file should select "document-literal"
   as its transport binding and message encoding.  In the WSDL file,

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 8]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   style attribute of the binding element SHOULD be "document". input
   and output element in binding element SHOULD include body element
   that has attribute with "literal" value.

3.3.  Operation and Datamodel Type Definition by XSD

   The NETCONF system should prepare XML Schema describing the type of
   argument and return value of rpc request.  As described above, a WSDL
   file describes interface of a NETCONF device.  In addition to the
   interface, the NETCONF device should advertise the type definition.

   The XSD file SHOULD include ordinary NETCONF operations described in
   NETCONF Protocol as the argument of rpc operation defined in the
   above WSDL file.  The XSD file MAY also include NETCONF notification
   subscription operation described in NETCONF Notification [6] .  The
   XSD file MAY also include additional NETCONF operations added by
   vendors.

   Ordinary NETCONF operations:

      - get

      - getConfig

      - editConfig

      - lock

      - unlock

      - subscribe

   NETCONF device developers can add configuration datamodel as
   additional type definition in this XSD file.  They can add import
   element for the pointer to an external schema defining configuration
   item elements, for example, interfaceType, vlanType, and etc.  They
   can use proposed configuration datamodels like VLAN datamodel [7] ,
   Diff-Serv datamodel [8] , and ACL datamodel [9] .  They can also
   include these type definitions as an inline schema in this XSD file.

   Following describes an example XML Schema advertising the type
   definition of the NETCONF operation messages.  It contains following
   type definitions as an example.  This XML Schema contains types for
   edit-config operation message, interface configuration message, and
   vlan configuration message.  The two types are described by inline
   schema.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                  [Page 9]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

      - rpcType

      - rpcOperationType

      - interfaceType

      - vlanType

      - configInlineType

      - editConfigType

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
              targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
              elementFormDefault="qualified"
              attributeFormDefault="qualified"
              xml:lang="en">
     <!--
       <rpc> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="rpcType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="rpcOperation"/>
       </xs:sequence>
       <xs:attribute name="message-id" type="xs:string" use="required"/>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="rpc" type="rpcType"/>

     <!--
       rpcOperationType: abstraction type
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="rpcOperationType"/>
     <xs:element name="rpcOperation"
                 type="rpcOperationType" abstract="true"/>

     <!--
       Type for <interface> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="interfaceType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="IfId"   type="xs:integer"
         <xs:element name="IfName" type="xs:string"
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 10]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

     <xs:element name="interface" type="interfaceType">

     <!--
       Type for <vlan> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="vlanType">
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="VlanId"   type="xs:integer"
         <xs:element name="VlanName" type="xs:string"
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="vlan" type="vlanType">

     <!--
       Type for <config> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="configInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>

     <!--
       <edit-config> operation
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="editConfigType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="rpcOperationType">
           <xs:sequence>
             <xs:element name="config"
                         type="configInlineType"/>
           </xs:sequence>
         </xs:extension>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="edit-config" type="editConfigType"
                 substitutionGroup="rpcOperation"/>
   </xs:schema>

3.4.  Original RPC definition

   NETCONF Protocol [1] defines standard NETCONF RPCs, get, get-config,
   edit-config, and so on.  NETCONF device developers who would like to
   add a new original RPC should define new datatype used in this new
   RPC transaction.  The developers should define the datatype as the
   extension of rpcOperationType, which represents abstracted RPC
   operation datatype that placed in the <rpc> element.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 11]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   Following example is a definition of a new Reset operation that uses
   <reset> element in <rpc> element without child element.  Since RPC
   operations are abstracted to rpcOperationType, the developers have
   only to define extended datatype.

        <!--
          <reset> operation
          -->
        <xs:complexType name="resetType">
          <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="rpcOperationType"/>
          </xs:complexContent>
        </xs:complexType>
        <xs:element name="reset" type="resetType"
                    substitutionGroup="rpcOperation"/>

3.5.  Schema list retrieval

   In the post-deployment phase, there is an another requirement that
   users would like to retrieve only the list of supported configuration
   datamodels on a NETCONF device.  In this requirement, users do not
   require the body of the schemas describing the datamodels.  For this
   requirement, importing external schema into a WSDL file would be a
   solution.

   To avoid schema body, the WSDL describing datamodels and interfaces
   of a NETCONF device MAY contain external reference in its <wsdl:
   types> element.  Each reference is described by <import> element that
   have each namespace and schemaLocation attribute.  The schemaLocation
   attribute represents its actual location.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 12]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <wsdl:definitions
       xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
       targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
       name="netconf-soap_1.0.wsdl">

       <wsdl:types>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:vlan:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="vlan.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:diffserv:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="diffserv.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:acl:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="acl.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="netconf-base_1.0.xsd"/>
       </wsdl:types>

       (Operation definitions)
     </wsdl:definitions>

3.6.  Publishment of datamodels and interfaces information

   NETCONF device developers can publish the device's datamodels and
   interfaces described by WSDL and XSD by several methods as described
   below.

      Datastore on a target NETCONF device

      HTTP or FTP server on a vendor's Web site.

      Paper document for NMS developers

   NETCONF device SHOULD use each transport protocol to transfer
   datamodels and interfaces information.  In the pre-deployment case,
   users take theType for <config> element
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="configInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>

     <!--
       <edit-config> operation
       -->
     <xs:complexType name="editConfigType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="rpcOperationType">
           <xs:sequence>
             <xs:element name="config"
                         type="configInlineType"/>
           </xs:sequence>
         </xs:extension>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>
     <xs:element name="edit-config" type="editConfigType"
                 substitutionGroup="rpcOperation"/>
   </xs:schema>

3.4.  Original RPC definition

   NETCONF Protocol [1] defines standard NETCONF RPCs, get, get-config,
   edit-config, and so on.  NETCONF device developers who would like to
   add a new original RPC should define new datatype used in this new
   RPC transaction.  The developers should define the datatype as the
   extension of rpcOperationType, which represents abstracted RPC
   operation datatype that placed in the <rpc> element.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 11]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   Following example is a definition of a new Reset operation that uses
   <reset> element in <rpc> element without child element.  Since RPC
   operations are abstracted to rpcOperationType, the developers have
   only to define extended datatype.

        <!--
          <reset> operation
          -->
        <xs:complexType name="resetType">
          <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="rpcOperationType"/>
          </xs:complexContent>
        </xs:complexType>
        <xs:element name="reset" type="resetType"
                    substitutionGroup="rpcOperation"/>

3.5.  Schema list retrieval

   In the post-deployment phase, there is an another requirement that
   users would like to retrieve only the list of supported configuration
   datamodels on a NETCONF device.  In this requirement, users do not
   require the body of the schemas describing the datamodels.  For this
   requirement, importing external schema into a WSDL file would be a
   solution.

   To avoid schema body, the WSDL describing datamodels and interfaces
   of a NETCONF device MAY contain external reference in its <wsdl:
   types> element.  Each reference is described by <import> element that
   have each namespace and schemaLocation attribute.  The schemaLocation
   attribute represents its actual location.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 12]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <wsdl:definitions
       xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
       targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:soap:1.0"
       name="netconf-soap_1.0.wsdl">

       <wsdl:types>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:vlan:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="vlan.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:diffserv:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="diffserv.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:acl:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="acl.xsd"/>
         <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
                 schemaLocation="netconf-base_1.0.xsd"/>
       </wsdl:types>

       (Operation definitions)
     </wsdl:definitions>

3.6.  Publishment of datamodels and interfaces information

   NETCONF device developers can publish the device's datamodels and
   interfaces described by WSDL and XSD by several methods as described
   below.

      Datastore on a target NETCONF device

      HTTP or FTP server on a vendor's Web site.

      Paper document for NMS developers

   NETCONF device SHOULD use each transport protocol to transfer
   datamodels and interfaces information.  In the pre-deployment case,
   users take the configuration information through their development
   environments.  These development environments do not necessarily have
   NETCONF features.  A NETCONF device cannot presuppose existence of
   the NETCONF session.  For example, Web-Service development
   environments normally use HTTP to take service information described
   by WSDL and XSD.

   The NETCONF device that supports SSH mapping MUST store a WSDL file
   on its SFTP datastore related to an published URI.  It MUST transfer
   the WSDL file on a SFTP session for a request to the URI from the
   NETCONF device.  Following is an example URI for the WSDL file on
   SFTP tree.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 13]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   sftp://netconf.device/netconf.wsdl

   The NETCONF device that supports SOAP/HTTP mapping MUST store a WSDL
   file on its HTTP datastore related to an published URI.  It MUST
   transfer the WSDL file on a HTTP session for a request to the URI
   from the NETCONF device.  Following is an example URI for the WSDL
   file on HTTP tree.

   http://netconf.device/netconf.wsdl

   (TBD) The NETCONF device that supports BEEP mapping MUST transfer a
   WSDL file on the BEEP channel that supports file transfer mechanism.
   SOAP/BEEP [11] could be a solution.

3.7.  Reference Programming Model with Web-Service Middleware

   When a NETCONF device support NETCONF over SOAP and publish its WSDL,
   NMS developers can reduce much of their implementation time.  They
   can utilize Web-Service middleware to construct their NMS code.

   From the WSDL file published by the NETCONF device, the Web-Service
   middleware generate automatically stub classes for NMS code to access
   configuration interface of the NETCONF device via SOAP over HTTP
   transport.  The NMS developers have only to implement NMS logic using
   the stub classes.

   Using WSDL and Web-Service middleware, NMS developers might follow
   the sequence described below.

      - prepare a NETCONF device

      - take a WSDL file from the device via HTTP

      - extract XML Schema from the WSDL file for reference

      - generate stub class source file from the WSDL file by Web-
      Service middleware

      - take the stub class in their development environment

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 14]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

4.  Security Consideration

   In the NETCONF architecture, the transport protocol layer is
   responsible for the security between a network manager and network
   devices.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 15]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

5.  IANA Consideration

   This document has no actions for IANA.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 16]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

6.  References

6.1.  Normative References

   [1]   Enns, R., "NETCONF Configuration Protocol", RFC 4741,
         December 2006.

   [2]   Wasserman, M. and T. Goddard, "Using the NETCONF Configuration
         Protocol over Secure SHell (SSH)", RFC 4742, December 2006.

   [3]   Goddard, T., "Using NETCONF over the Simple Object Access
         Protocol (SOAP)", RFC 4743, December 2006.

   [4]   Lear, E. and K. Crozier, "Using the NETCONF Protocol over the
         Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)", RFC 4744,
         December 2006.

6.2.  Informative References

   [5]   Chisholm, S. and A. Clemm, "Using XML Schema to define NETCONF
         Content", draft-chisholm-netconf-model-08 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [6]   Chisholm, S. and H. Trevino, "NETCONF Event Notifications",
         draft-ietf-netconf-notification-12 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [7]   Iijima, T., "VLAN data model for  configuration information through their development
   environments.  These development environments do not necessarily have
   NETCONF features.  A NETCONF device cannot presuppose existence of
   the NETCONF session.  For example, Web-Service development
   environments normally use HTTP to take service information described
   by WSDL and XSD.

   The NETCONF device that supports SSH mapping MUST store a WSDL file
   on its SFTP datastore related to an published URI.  It MUST transfer
   the WSDL file on a SFTP session for a request to the URI from the
   NETCONF device.  Following is an example URI for the WSDL file on
   SFTP tree.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 13]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   sftp://netconf.device/netconf.wsdl

   The NETCONF device that supports SOAP/HTTP mapping MUST store a WSDL
   file on its HTTP datastore related to an published URI.  It MUST
   transfer the WSDL file on a HTTP session for a request to the URI
   from the NETCONF device.  Following is an example URI for the WSDL
   file on HTTP tree.

   http://netconf.device/netconf.wsdl

   (TBD) The NETCONF device that supports BEEP mapping MUST transfer a
   WSDL file on the BEEP channel that supports file transfer mechanism.
   SOAP/BEEP [11] could be a solution.

3.7.  Reference Programming Model with Web-Service Middleware

   When a NETCONF device support NETCONF over SOAP and publish its WSDL,
   NMS developers can reduce much of their implementation time.  They
   can utilize Web-Service middleware to construct their NMS code.

   From the WSDL file published by the NETCONF device, the Web-Service
   middleware generate automatically stub classes for NMS code to access
   configuration interface of the NETCONF device via SOAP over HTTP
   transport.  The NMS developers have only to implement NMS logic using
   the stub classes.

   Using WSDL and Web-Service middleware, NMS developers might follow
   the sequence described below.

      - prepare a NETCONF device

      - take a WSDL file from the device via HTTP

      - extract XML Schema from the WSDL file for reference

      - generate stub class source file from the WSDL file by Web-
      Service middleware

      - take the stub class in their development environment

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 14]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

4.  Security Consideration

   In the NETCONF architecture, the transport protocol layer is
   responsible for the security between a network manager and network
   devices.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 15]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

5.  IANA Consideration

   This document has no actions for IANA.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 16]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

6.  References

6.1.  Normative References

   [1]   Enns, R., "NETCONF Configuration Protocol", RFC 4741,
         December 2006.

   [2]   Wasserman, M. and T. Goddard, "Using the NETCONF Configuration
         Protocol over Secure SHell (SSH)", RFC 4742, December 2006.

   [3]   Goddard, T., "Using NETCONF over the Simple Object Access
         Protocol (SOAP)", RFC 4743, December 2006.

   [4]   Lear, E. and K. Crozier, "Using the NETCONF Protocol over the
         Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)", RFC 4744,
         December 2006.

6.2.  Informative References

   [5]   Chisholm, S. and A. Clemm, "Using XML Schema to define NETCONF
         Content", draft-chisholm-netconf-model-08 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [6]   Chisholm, S. and H. Trevino, "NETCONF Event Notifications",
         draft-ietf-netconf-notification-12 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [7]   Iijima, T., "VLAN data model for NETCONF",
         draft-iijima-ngo-vlandatamodel-01 (work in progress),
         August 2007.

   [8]   Okita, H., "A NETCONF Datamodel for Diff-Serv QoS Control
         Configuration", draft-okita-ngo-diffservdatamodel-01 (work in
         progress), July 2007.

   [9]   Tomoyuki, I., Atarashi, Y., Kimura, H., Kitani, M., and H.
         Okita, "ACL data model for NETCONF",
         draft-iijima-ngo-acldatamodel-01 (work in progress),
         December 2007.

   [10]  Tomoyuki, I., Atarashi, Y., Kimura, H., Kitani, M., and H.
         Okita, "Experience of implementing NETCONF over SOAP",
         draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-06 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [11]  O'Tuathail, E. and M. Rose, "Using the Simple Object Access
         Protocol (SOAP) in Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)",
         RFC 3288, June 2002.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 17]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   [12]  Yergeau, F., Paoli, J., Sperberg-McQueen, C., Maler, E., and T.
         Bray, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)",
         World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-xml-20060816,
         August 2006, <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816>.

   [13]  Fallside, D., "XML Schema Part 0: Primer", World Wide Web
         Consortium FirstEdition REC-xmlschema-0-20010502, May 2001,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-0-20010502>.

   [14]  Gudgin, M., Hadley, M., Moreau, J., Mendelsohn, N., and H.
         Nielsen, "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 1: Messaging Framework", World
         Wide Web Consortium FirstEdition REC-soap12-part1-20030624,
         June 2003,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part1-20030624>.

   [15]  Booth, D. and C. Liu, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
         Version 2.0 Part 0: Primer", World Wide Web Consortium
         Recommendation REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626>.

   [16]  Chinnici, R., Ryman, A., Moreau, J., and S. Weerawarana, "Web
         Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 1: Core
         Language", World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-wsdl20-
         20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-20070626>.

   [17]  Haas, H., Moreau, J., Weerawarana, S., Lewis, A., Orchard, D.,
         and R. Chinnici, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
         Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts", World Wide Web Consortium
         Recommendation REC-wsdl20-adjuncts-20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-adjuncts-20070626>.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 18]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Authors' Addresses

   Hideki Okita
   Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
   1-280 Higashi-Koigakubo
   Kokubunji, Tokyo  185-8601
   Japan

   Phone: +81-42-323-1111
   Fax:   +81-42-327-7868
   Email: [email-masked]

   Tomoyuki Iijima
   Alaxala Networks Corp.
   Shin-Kawasaki Mitsui Bldg.
   890 Saiwai-ku Kashimada
   Kawasaki, Kanagawa  212-0058
   Japan

   Phone: +81-44-549-1735
   Fax:   +81-44-549-1272
   Email: [email-masked]

   Yoshifumi Atarashi
   Alaxala Networks Corp.
   Shin-Kawasaki Mitsui Bldg.
   890 Saiwai-ku Kashimada
   Kawasaki, Kanagawa  212-0058
   Japan

   Phone: +81-44-549-1735
   Fax:   +81-44-549-1272
   Email: [email-masked]

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 19]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

   This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
   contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
   retain all their rights.

   This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THNETCONF",
         draft-iijima-ngo-vlandatamodel-01 (work in progress),
         August 2007.

   [8]   Okita, H., "A NETCONF Datamodel for Diff-Serv QoS Control
         Configuration", draft-okita-ngo-diffservdatamodel-01 (work in
         progress), July 2007.

   [9]   Tomoyuki, I., Atarashi, Y., Kimura, H., Kitani, M., and H.
         Okita, "ACL data model for NETCONF",
         draft-iijima-ngo-acldatamodel-01 (work in progress),
         December 2007.

   [10]  Tomoyuki, I., Atarashi, Y., Kimura, H., Kitani, M., and H.
         Okita, "Experience of implementing NETCONF over SOAP",
         draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-06 (work in progress),
         February 2008.

   [11]  O'Tuathail, E. and M. Rose, "Using the Simple Object Access
         Protocol (SOAP) in Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)",
         RFC 3288, June 2002.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 17]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

   [12]  Yergeau, F., Paoli, J., Sperberg-McQueen, C., Maler, E., and T.
         Bray, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)",
         World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-xml-20060816,
         August 2006, <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816>.

   [13]  Fallside, D., "XML Schema Part 0: Primer", World Wide Web
         Consortium FirstEdition REC-xmlschema-0-20010502, May 2001,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-0-20010502>.

   [14]  Gudgin, M., Hadley, M., Moreau, J., Mendelsohn, N., and H.
         Nielsen, "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 1: Messaging Framework", World
         Wide Web Consortium FirstEdition REC-soap12-part1-20030624,
         June 2003,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part1-20030624>.

   [15]  Booth, D. and C. Liu, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
         Version 2.0 Part 0: Primer", World Wide Web Consortium
         Recommendation REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626>.

   [16]  Chinnici, R., Ryman, A., Moreau, J., and S. Weerawarana, "Web
         Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 1: Core
         Language", World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-wsdl20-
         20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-20070626>.

   [17]  Haas, H., Moreau, J., Weerawarana, S., Lewis, A., Orchard, D.,
         and R. Chinnici, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
         Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts", World Wide Web Consortium
         Recommendation REC-wsdl20-adjuncts-20070626, June 2007,
         <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-adjuncts-20070626>.

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 18]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Authors' Addresses

   Hideki Okita
   Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
   1-280 Higashi-Koigakubo
   Kokubunji, Tokyo  185-8601
   Japan

   Phone: +81-42-323-1111
   Fax:   +81-42-327-7868
   Email: [email-masked]

   Tomoyuki Iijima
   Alaxala Networks Corp.
   Shin-Kawasaki Mitsui Bldg.
   890 Saiwai-ku Kashimada
   Kawasaki, Kanagawa  212-0058
   Japan

   Phone: +81-44-549-1735
   Fax:   +81-44-549-1272
   Email: [email-masked]

   Yoshifumi Atarashi
   Alaxala Networks Corp.
   Shin-Kawasaki Mitsui Bldg.
   890 Saiwai-ku Kashimada
   Kawasaki, Kanagawa  212-0058
   Japan

   Phone: +81-44-549-1735
   Fax:   +81-44-549-1272
   Email: [email-masked]

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 19]

Internet-Draft       NETCONF Interface Advertisement       November 2007

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

   This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
   contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
   retain all their rights.

   This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS
   OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE IETF TRUST AND
   THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS
   OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF
   THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED
   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Intellectual Property

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; nor does it represent that it has
   made any independent effort to identify any such rights.  Information
   on the procedures with respect to rights in RFC documents can be
   found in BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
   assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
   attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use of
   such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
   specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository at
   http://www.ietf.org/ipr.

   The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
   copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
   rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
   this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
   [email-masked].

Acknowledgment

   Funding for the RFC Editor function is provided by the IETF
   Administrative Support Activity (IASA).

Okita, et al.              Expires May 4, 2008                 [Page 20]


_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf