Subject: review of draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-01

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:35:12 +0100

- General: This document is already in a reasonably good shape.

- Where does NETCONF define what an instance identifier is? Is this
  the right place for such a definition in case there is no official
  definition yet?

- Is 'string' the right data type for the leaf-list 'select'? Should
  we extend the common YANG type definition modules to have more
  suitable types readily available?

- Add more descriptions to the YANG module; should there also be more
  defined types, e.g. a type for the lockId instead of using uint32
  everywhere?

- The notion seems to be inconsistent in the usage of camel notation;
  would help consistency to pick a convention and then stick to it.

- I did not bother to read the XSD.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>