Subject: [Netconf] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-mm-netconf-time-capability-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:11:45 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-mm-netconf-time-capability-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-netconf-time-capability/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- There was not sufficient support to adopt
draft-mm-netconf-time-capability in NETCONF. 
Nevertheless, I'm happy to see some feedback on this draft during the
IETF LC
It seems that Joel and I missed Barry's point
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-netconf-time-capability/ballot/#barry-leiba)
though.

- "Typical synchronization protocols, such as the
   Network Time Protocol ([NTP], [RFC5907]) provide the means to verify
   that a clock is synchronized to a time reference by querying its
   Management Information Base (MIB)."

Provide a reference to the YANG model as well:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7317

    |  +--rw ntp!
          |     +--rw enabled?   boolean
          |     +--rw server* [name]
          |        +--rw name                string
          |        +--rw (transport)
          |        |  +--:(udp)
          |        |     +--rw udp
          |        |        +--rw address    inet:host
          |        |        +--rw port?      inet:port-number
          |        +--rw association-type?   enumeration
          |        +--rw iburst?             boolean
          |        +--rw prefer?             boolean