Subject: [Netconf] I2RS interim Meeting on 9/2/2015 at 22:00 - 23:30 ET - Interim Topic Changed to: Requirements for Filter Based RIB

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 14:05:59 -0400

Hi all: 

The topic for the I2RS interim on 9/2/2015 has changed topic from the
Filter-Based RIB and Service Data Model to I2RS protocol. Please see the
details below.  The purpose of this I2RS interim is to provide an
opportunity for additional feedback on the requirements to the I2RS chairs. 

Please note this interim is at 22:00-23:30 ET,  19:00-20:30 PT, and for
China 10:00-11:30 on 9/3  and for Europe (CET) it is 4:00am - 5:00am.
Web-ex information is below.  All other I2RS interims (On dates 9/16, 9/30,
10/7, and 10/21 will be at 10:00-11:30 ET).   

===================

Agenda for I2RS Interim on 9/2/2015 

Topic: I2RS Protocol requirements 

Agenda: 

0. Agenda Bashing
[22:00-10:05]

1. Overview of I2RS Requirements [Sue Hares]  [22:05-22:20]

2. Review of NETCONF feedback on Requirements [22:20-22:35]

3. Discussion of Open issues                  [22:35-23:20]

4. Closing of meeting
[23:20-23:30] 

The I2RS protocol requirements has been updated

in the following four drafts: 

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-01.txt

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-02.txt

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-00.tx
t

Additional I2RS environmental security issues are discussed: 

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mglt-i2rs-security-environment-reqs-00.txt

At the I2RS interim the chairs will review of the I2RS requirements,

NETCONF's feedback on the requirements.  

The following discussion points:

1) It is been said that the highest priority differences

   between I2RS and NETCONF are the following things: 

  a) Quick Feedback loop for applications,

  b) Being able to tie ephemeral to config

  What do you think? 

2) How much feedback do you want in your

applications? 

3) Should I2RS allow data transfer on an insecure protocol? 

   a) If so, what restrictions should be placed on the 

   data models allowing data transfer? 

   b) Should the data transfer over insecure protocol

      be limited to just publication or subscription data?

4) What data should the ephemeral data models be able to 

   refer to in order to do constraint checking? 

   The options are: 

                a) ephemeral to configuration state,

                b) ephemeral to operational state (for example, an LSP-ID

                   for an LSP that is created)

                c) ephemeral configuration to ephemeral configuration

                   Examples could be; 

                   a) I2RS RIB model referring to the I2RS topology model 

                   b) I2RS BGP model referring to I2RS RIB 

                d) ephemeral configuration to ephemeral "protocol" state

                   I2RS RIB route configuration referencing 

                   I2RS Topology model to check the summary of 

                   learned logical paths 

5) Do you think the protocol security requirement are 

adequate for the protocol? 

6) Have we missed anything in the requirements? 

What are your 3 top priority requirements? 

Web-ex 

I2RS Interim on I2RS Protocol Requirements 

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 

22:00pm  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)  |  2 hrs 

Join WebEx meeting 

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m718ecc9051effb6120f73981c5395057

Meeting number:            646 529 867 

Meeting password:         proto.fun

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 646 529 867

Toll-free calling restrictions

You can forward this invitation to others. 

Hello, 

I2RS Working Group changed the time for this WebEx meeting. 

I2RS Interim on I2RS Protocol Requirements 

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 

10:00 pm  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)  |  2 hrs 

 <https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m718ecc9051effb6120f73981c5395057>
Join WebEx meeting 

Meeting number: 

646 529 867 

Meeting password:

proto.fun

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 646 529 867

 <http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf> Toll-free calling
restrictions

 <https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mc023443820aa447d3518e1806033de7e>
Add this meeting to your calendar.

Can't join the meeting?  <https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/mc> Contact support. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other
information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be
discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically
consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss
your concerns with the host or do not join the session.