Subject: [netconf] New draft draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities-00 submitted

From: "taoran (F)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 07:23:47 +0000

Hi, WG,

This is Ran. I have submitted a new draft draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities-00 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities-00), which propose a YANG module for telemetry data export capability. In this draft, we argument system capabilities model and provide additional data export attributes for transport dependent capability negotiation.

Anyone is welcome to make comments on the draft. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ran Tao

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 07:30:51 +0000

Thanks Ran for heads up.
Just a little bit background why we write this draft

The subscription parameters such as “transport”, “encoding” available to the configured subscription is
used to identify the transport protocol and encoding to use to connect with all subscription receivers. But
the subscription receivers may not know in advance about which transport protocol or encoding to use.

The dynamic subscription supports a simple negotiation between subscribers and publishers for subscription
parameters, i.e., supplemental information inserted into error responses to a failed RPC request, which
cause additional subscription iterations between subscriber and publisher.

The data export capability draft is aiming to address these issue and provide capability advertisement, which
minimize the number of subscription iterations between subscriber and publisher.

-Qin
发件人: netconf [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 taoran (F)
发送时间: 2020年3月6日 15:24
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: [netconf] New draft draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities-00 submitted

Hi, WG,

Best regards,

Ran Tao