Subject: [netconf] WGLC: draft-ietf-netconf-https-notif-06

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 13:12:06 +0000

This message begins a two-week WGLC for draft-ietf-netconf-https-notif-06 ending on Jan 28.  Here is a direct link to the HTML version of the draft:

	https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-https-notif-06

Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready for publication", are welcome!  This is useful and important, even from authors.  Objections, concerns, and suggestions are also welcomed at this time.

Please note, the reason that I am making this request rather than the
WG chairs is because both chairs are listed as authors on this document.

Thank you,
Rob Wilton, OPS AD

---

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:26:41 +0000

Just to bump this thread as a reminder that the WGLC finishes in 6 days.

Please make time to review this document.

Regards,
Rob

> -----Original Message-----
> From: netconf <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Rob Wilton (rwilton)
> Sent: 14 January 2021 13:12
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [netconf] WGLC: draft-ietf-netconf-https-notif-06
> 
> This message begins a two-week WGLC for draft-ietf-netconf-https-notif-06
> ending on Jan 28.  Here is a direct link to the HTML version of the draft:
> 
> Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is
> ready for publication", are welcome!  This is useful and important, even
> from authors.  Objections, concerns, and suggestions are also welcomed at
> this time.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: "Eric Voit (evoit)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:36:26 +0000

I have reviewed this document.  I believe it close to being ready.  I do
have three comments:

(1) Section 1.1
There was an interaction in July 2020 about describes why subscription state
change notifications are not included within the draft.
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netconf/K0jnMW3GZknxihnNjKL4UlFTfoY/
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netconf/CYOosxZy_-tKKsrCCoLmQeFvEuI/
Actually, we are talking only about a subset of the subscription state
change notifications, as <Subscription-Started> is include within examples
of this document.  

Per Alex and my earlier requests, it would be good to include which state
change notifications are included, and why,  so that others have this
context.  This would allow receivers to understand that the control plane
messages which identify the current state of the subscription on the
subscriber are not available.  Perhaps it might even drive others who might
want this functionality to add this upon the current http-notif.  This might
be worth including in Section 1.1, Applicability Statement.

(2) Section 2.1
Learning Receiver Capabilities is critical, as Configured Subscriptions can
DOS a receiver if adequate protections are not on the publisher.  It would
be useful to list this here so that the topic is not missed in an
implementation.  Alternatively this could be addressed in Section 5.

(3)
In Sections 1.5 and 8.3 there is a reference to
I-D.ietf-netconf-notification-messages.  I am not sure how this impacts the
eventual completion of this draft, but defer to others who know the IETF
process better.

Thanks,
Eric

> Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:12 AM
ready for
> publication", are welcome!  This is useful and important, even from
authors.
> Objections, concerns, and suggestions are also welcomed at this time.
> 
> Please note, the reason that I am making this request rather than the WG
chairs
> is because both chairs are listed as authors on this document.
> 
> Thank you,
> Rob Wilton, OPS AD
>