Subject: [netconf] more comments on netconf-adaptive-subscription revision -08

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:18:51 -0500

On 2021-06-24 15:14, Michael Richardson made some comments on:
> 
> I read:
>          Title           : Adaptive Subscription to YANG Notification
> 	Filename        : draft-wang-netconf-adaptive-subscription-05.txt
> 

I have reviewed a diff from -05 to -08, which you can see at:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-wang-netconf-adaptive-subscription-05&url2=draft-wang-netconf-adaptive-subscription-08

(I know that we have a new rfcdiff service being tested, but I can't 
recall where it is now)

I found the introduction of section 3, on XPath Evaluation is an 
interesting and welcome new addition.  I can't judge on the content of 
it, but it seems like it is useful things to explain.

leaf watermark {	
  	               type uint32;	
  	               description	
  	                 "The watermark for targeted data object. The higher	
  	                  or lower watermark can be specified for the	
  	                  targeted data object.";	
  	             }

probably this description should explain where the kind of watermark 
(high or low) is actually specified.
I guess that I would never specify both, as that would be just two rules.
Are centiseconds already a typical unit for NETCONF?

I see that you have rewritten the example YANG module for wifi based 
upon the CSA/MATTER data model.  It's good to have a realistic model.
I still wonder why an existing YANG model couldn't have been used.

The text in section B.2 hints that the access point will change not just 
how often it reports, but how often it actually collects the data.
I'm not sure if that is the intention?
I think when it says "server", I think you mean access point?