Subject: [netconf] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8572 (6807)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:43:14 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8572,
"Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6807

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Lijun Liao <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.3

Original Text
-------------
   When unencrypted, the ownership voucher artifact is as defined in
   [RFC8366].  As described, it is a CMS structure whose topmost content
   type MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

   When encrypted, the topmost content type of the ownership voucher
   artifact's CMS structure MUST be the OID id-envelopedData
   (1.2.840.113549.1.7.3), and the encryptedContentInfo's content type
   MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

Corrected Text
--------------
   When unencrypted, the ownership voucher artifact is as defined in
   [RFC8366].  As described, it is a CMS structure whose topmost content
   type MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

   When encrypted, the topmost content type of the ownership voucher
   artifact's CMS structure MUST be the OID id-envelopedData
   (1.2.840.113549.1.7.3), and the encryptedContentInfo's content type
   MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

Notes
-----
The OID for id-ct-animaJSONVoucher is 1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8572 (draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)
Publication Date    : April 2019
Author(s)           : K. Watsen, I. Farrer, M. Abrahamsson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 17:15:03 +0000

This Errata is correct.

Kent // as author

> On Jan 4, 2022, at 2:43 AM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
>