Subject: [netconf] RFC 9196 on YANG Modules Describing Capabilities for Systems and Datastore Update Notifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:32:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9196

        Title:      YANG Modules Describing Capabilities for 
                    Systems and Datastore Update Notifications 
        Author:     B. Lengyel,
                    A. Clemm,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2022 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9196

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9196

This document defines two YANG modules, "ietf-system-capabilities"
and "ietf-notification-capabilities". 

The module "ietf-system-capabilities" provides a placeholder
structure that can be used to discover YANG-related system
capabilities for servers. The module can be used to report capability
information from the server at runtime or at implementation time by
making use of the YANG instance data file format. 

The module "ietf-notification-capabilities" augments
"ietf-system-capabilities" to specify capabilities related to
"Subscription to YANG Notifications for Datastore Updates" (RFC
8641).

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC