Subject: [Nethistory] 31st Birthday of the World Wide Web

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 21:24:40 +0700

Dear Dan York,
public-webhistory,
nethistory,

>From the page www.w3.org I have just accessed minutes ago

Join us in celebrating the 31st birthday of the World Wide Web

12 March 2020 | Archive <https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/8378>

<http://www.w3.org/comm/assets/graphics/tim-webquote.png>In March 1989 *Sir
Tim Berners-Lee wrote “Information Management: A Proposal
<https://www.w3.org/History/1989/proposal.html>” and with that quiet act
launched an idea, the World Wide Web*, that has changed our lives forever.

The Web was envisioned by Tim as a global information-sharing space that
would connect people and encourage understanding and sharing of knowledge.
It is now an indispensable, exciting and, in some cases a vital global
commons. We are incredibly grateful to our Director, Tim Berners-Lee, for
the invention of the Web, for founding the World Wide Web Consortium, for
all his work to keep the Web open, international, accessible, and for his
decades of inspiration to so many of us.

For 25 years, the Web Consortium has developed the foundational technical
standards upon which the Web has flourished. Please read more about our
values in our blog post
<https://www.w3.org/blog/2020/03/happy-31st-birthday-world-wide-web/>.

If you are part of our community, helping to develop technologies for the
web with the Web Consortium, *thank you*. Let others know that the Web was
made to work for everyone. Let your family and friends know why your work
at the Web Consortium –*to make a web for all*– matters.

Thank you again, Tim! Happy Birthday, World Wide Web!

Let’s all keep doing our part to keep making the Web and the world better.

*The Web Consortium: making the web work, for everyone.*
Note: The event of anniversary reminds me about Dan York's article in the
Internet Society a year ago I forwarded to [email-masked]:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2019/03/celebrating-the-30th-anniversary-of-the-world-wide-web/

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webhistory/2020Feb/0004.html

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra