Subject: [netlmm] #67: Link local address uniqueness

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 06:57:11 -0000

#67: Link local address uniqueness
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

   3) section 2.2: I guess the assumption is that the global address DAD
 guarantees
 uniqueness within the subnet already, though DAD will definitely be
 required
 the first time the MN attaches to the NetLMM domain.  It might also be
 required when moving from link-to-link if the connectivity is not
 maintained
 or the address defended while the node is away.  However, a more
 questionable topic is DAD for the link-local address.  Is that unique
 within
 the NetLMM domain, or just the link?  Does that cause additional delay.
 Point 4) does not discuss this.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/67>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm