Subject: [netlmm] #53: Add Reference to MIP6 Location Privacy Draft

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:36:35 -0000

#53: Add Reference to MIP6 Location Privacy Draft
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  PS draft                     |  
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Vijay says:

 >         3) Location privacy.  The change in temporary local address as
 the mobile
 >            node  moves  exposes  the  mobile  node's  topological
 location  to
 >            correspondents and potentially to eavesdroppers. An attacker
 that can
 >            assemble a mapping between subnet prefixes in the mobile
 node's access

 >            network and geographical locations can determine exactly
 where the
 >            mobile node is located. This can expose the mobile node's
 user to
 >            threats on their location privacy.

 this is very incomplete. this can be done even when no global
 mobility protocol is being used. please refer to the following
 draft for a more complete problem statement.
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-location-privacy-ps-
 01.txt

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/53>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:30:07 -0000

#53: Add Reference to MIP6 Location Privacy Draft
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                        |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Done.