Subject: [netlmm] Issue #74: Configurable Forwarding

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 04:09:40 -0700

I just submitted some text for a goal in the REQ draft for the protocol to 
allow configurable data plane forwarding. There have been a number of 
suggestions about possible data plane forwarding options other than the 
usual IP-IP tunneling. I suggested adding this goal a couple times in the 
context of discussing a few other issues, and nobody seemed to be opposed to 
it, so I'd like to formalize it by adding this as a goal.

Please send comments by next Friday if you have any. Thanx.

            jak 

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Tom Wan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:47:55 +0800

Hi James:
    That's a good idea. About the seperation of data plane and 
control/singaling plane.
I think maybe the data plane configurationhas something to do with the 
signaling plane, maybe
we should first focuse on the signaling plane first. Then can we focuse on 
the data plane.
Or maybe the two will contradict each other.

But I have not considered the relationship clearly.

BR
Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:09 PM
Subject: [netlmm] Issue #74: Configurable Forwarding

>context of discussing a few other issues, and nobody seemed to be opposed 
>to it, so I'd like to formalize it by adding this as a goal.
>

---

From: Tom Wan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:53:46 +0800

Or we should consider the possible relationship first.