Subject: [netlmm] #70: Can IP handover be performed via Link Layer means?

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:06:35 -0000

#70: Can IP handover be performed via Link Layer means?
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

 If link layer support exists for IP level movement detection, the
       mobile node may not need to perform any additional IP level
 signaling after
       handover.

 ==> does this kind of support exist anywhere?  Is it good enough?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/70>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:07:44 -0000

#70: Can IP handover be performed via Link Layer means?
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  invalid                       |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => invalid
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Yes, it is used in UTRAN, for example, for GPRS. The cdma2K networks also
 do not require FA beacons, which is how MIPv4 does movement detection.