Subject: [netlmm] #52: Editorial Comments on the PS draft from Vijay

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:34:28 -0000

#52: Editorial Comments on the PS draft from Vijay
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  trivial                      |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  PS draft                     |  
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 >         Global Mobility Management Protocol
 >           A Global Mobility Management Protocol is a mobility protocol
 used by
 >           the mobile node to change the global, end-to-end routing of
 packets
 >           when movement causes a topology change and thus invalidates a
 global
 >           unicast address on the local IP link currently in active use
 by the
 >           mobile node. This protocol could be Mobile IPv6 [1] but it
 could also
 >           be HIP [4] or Mobike [5] (Note: although Mobike is not
 considered a
 >           mobility management protocol in general, for purposes of this
 document,
 >           it will be so considered because it manages the address map
 and routing
 >           between a fixed VPN endpoint address and a changing local
 address).
 >
 >         Global Mobility Anchor Point
 >           A node in the network where the mobile node maintains a
 permanent
 >           address and a mapping between the permanent address and the
 local
 >           temporary address where the mobile node happens to be
 currently
 >           located. The Global Mobility Anchor Point may be used for
 purposes of
 >           rendezvous and possibly traffic forwarding. For Mobile IPv6
 [1],

 s/Mobile IPv6/Mobile IP/

 so that both MIPv4 and MIPv6 are covered.

 this
 >           is the home agent. For HIP [4], this may be the rendezvous
 server. For
 >           Mobike [5], this is the VPN tunnel gateway in the home
 network. Some

 s/VPN tunnel gateway/VPN gateway/

 VPN gateways are typically on the edge of the home network.
 never in the "home" network.

 involved in using a global mobility protocol for every transition
 >      between ARs. Briefly, they are:

 you mean movement? transition sounds odd.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/52>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:29:25 -0000

#52: Editorial Comments on the PS draft from Vijay
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  trivial                      |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                        |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Done.