Subject: [netlmm] #61: Architecture description included in problem statement

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:45:06 -0000

#61: Architecture description included in problem statement
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  major                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  PS draft                     |  
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

  Mobility routing anchor points within the backbone network
       maintain a collection of routes for individual mobile nodes. The
 routes
       point to the access routers on which mobile nodes currently are
 located.
       Packets for the mobile node are routed to and from the mobile node
 through
       the mobility anchor point. When a mobile node moves from one access
 router
       to another, the access routers send a route update to the mobility
 anchor
       point.

 ==> this solution seems to be somewhat assumptive of the solution.  Is it
 required?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/61>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:46:41 -0000

#61: Architecture description included in problem statement
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  major                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  wontfix                      |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => wontfix
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 The charter includes a description of the solution architecture which the
 WG will use as a guide. There was comment made at the Dallas WG meeting
 that neither the PS nor the REQ document include the architecture.
 Therefore, in order that this is recorded in the WG RFCs, the architecture
 description was put here.

 Recommend no change in the current text.