Subject: [netlmm] #56: Document language is wireless specific

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:17:02 -0000

#56: Document language is wireless specific
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  PS draft                     |  
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

 2) the language is wireless-specific

 In this doc, and other docs are even worse, it seems to be the assumption
 that the network is wireless.  But that's not necessarily the case; this
 kind of localized IP mobility is applicable to wired networks as well.
 I'm
 not sure how this should be addressed: generalization throughout the
 document(s), or just stating in Introduction that wireless terminology is
 used but that's not meant to be restrictive.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/56>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:18:43 -0000

#56: Document language is wireless specific
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  assigned                
  Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:                               |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 The application is primarily intended for wireless, but the point seems
 valid.

 During the edit, I'll look through and see if I can moderate the wireless
 emphasis, and I'll add a qualifier in the Introduction indicating that the
 protocol is not only intended for wireless.

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:51:51 -0000

#56: Document language is wireless specific
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]     |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                       |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-ps  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                        |    Keywords:  PS draft                
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  assigned => closed

Comment:

 Added the following qualifier as the last sentence in the Introduction:

 Note that IPv6 and wireless links are considered to be the primary focal
 points for a network-based localized mobility management, so the language
 in this document reflects that focus. However, the conclusions of this
 document apply equally to IPv4 and wired links where nodes are
 disconnecting and reconnecting.