Subject: [netlmm] #72: Clarify comment on wired networks resource requirements

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:10:26 -0000

#72: Clarify comment on wired networks resource requirements
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

       While bandwidth and router processing resources are typically not as
       constrained in the wired network, wired networks tend to have higher
       bandwidth  and  router  processing  constraints  than  the
 backbone.

 ==> It took a little time to understand what I think you were saying here,
 rewording would help.. (hint:  backbone networks are also wired networks
 :-)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/72>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:33:13 -0000

#72: Clarify comment on wired networks resource requirements
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 This is a typo. I think this should say:

 While bandwidth and router processing resources are typically not as
 constrained in the wired network, access networks tend to have somewhat
 stronger bandwidth and router processing constraints than the backbone.