Subject: [netlmm] #71: Mention header compression software requirement on the host

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:09:01 -0000

#71: Mention header compression software requirement on the host
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Pekka Savola writes:

       While header compression technology can remove header overhead,
 header
       compression does not come without cost. Requiring header compression
 on the
       wireless access points increases the cost and complexity of the
 access
       points, and increases the amount of processing required for traffic
 across
       the wireless link.

 ==> doesn't HC require any software on the host?  You don't mention that
 factor at all..

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/71>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm-tracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:29:21 -0000

#71: Mention header compression software requirement on the host
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Add the following after this phrase:

 "Header compression also requires special software on the host, which may
 or may not be present."