Subject: [netlmm] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network-based Localized Mobility Management Interface between Mobile Node and Access Router
	Author(s)	: J. Laganier, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
This document specifies an IP layer interface between mobile nodes
(MN) and access routers (AR) of a network-based localized mobility
management (NetLMM) domain.  Such an interface is subject to a
certain number of threats, amongst which are attacks on the mapping
between the MN Identifier and IPv6 address set.  A binding
enforcement mechanism between those two is hence required to prevent
malicious nodes to carry on various attacks like service theft or
denial-of-service attacks.  In the absence of link-layer specific
mechanisms enforcing this binding, it is required to implement such
mechanism at the IP layer MN-AR interface.  Moreover, it is required
that no NetLMM specific software support is present on MNs.  The IP
layer MN-AR interface described in this document fulfills these two
requirements by using the SEND public key as the MN identifier, while
being solely based on standard track IPv6 protocols (DNA and SEND.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm