Subject: [netlmm] #85: Assumes DHCP can't be used when it could

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:19:04 -0000

#85: Assumes DHCP can't be used when it could
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Fred Templin says:

 4) Section 9.3.1, under Goal #6, sentence beginning: "This precludes
 stateful address allocation using DHCP..." is not necessarily true.
 For example, the mobile node could autoconfigure CGAs then register
 them with a stateful server in the network by sending a DHCP_SOLICIT
 message that contains the CGA as an option. Suggest dropping this
 sentence.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/85>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:22:07 -0000

#85: Assumes DHCP can't be used when it could
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone2              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  1.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Fixed.