Subject: [netlmm] I-D Revision: draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-03

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:47:49 +0200

Hi everybody,

the Threats draft has been revised according to the recent comments and
discussion on the mailing list.  You can access the document here before
it shows up in the IETF on-line repositories:

  http://doc.tm.uka.de/2006/draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-03.txt

I will now go ahead and close a couple of tickets on the issue tracker,
which I think have been resolved with the above version of the document.
 If anyone feels that a closed ticket needs further consideration,
please speak up and I'll reopen it again.

Have a good start into the working week,

- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: QIU Ying <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:51:20 +0800

Hi Vogt,

Could you please clarify the relationship among LMA, MAG, ANG, AR and AP?

According to the literal relation, I guessed LMA is AR or AP, and MAG is 
ANG. However, according to context, I thought LMA is ANG and MAG is AP.

Regards and Thanks
Qiu Ying

------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:41:24 +0200

> ANG. However, according to context, I thought LMA is ANG and MAG is AP.

Hi Qiu,

"ANG" is the old terminology for "LMA".  The access-router functionality
may either be with the LMA or with a MAG.  In the former case, the MAG
would be a bridge.  This architectural issue is currently under discussion.

An access point is a link-layer device to which the MN attaches.  It is
connected to the MAG in any case.

Hope this helps.

- Christian