Subject: [netlmm] #143: New text in Section 3.5 overstates difficulty of using network access credentials for LMM authorization

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:26:18 -0000

#143: New text in Section 3.5 overstates difficulty of using network access
credentials for LMM authorization
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Sam Hartman, Security AD, filed this DISCUSS comment on this text from
 paragraph 1 of Section 3.5:

 >> Establishing a security association
 >> specifically for localized mobility service in a roaming
 >> situation may prove difficult, because provisioning a
 >> mobile node with security credentials for authenticating
 >> and authorizing localized mobility management service in
 >> each roaming partner's network may be unrealistic from a
 >> deployment perspective.
 >
 > I'm reasonably convinced that you could use any credentials sufficient
 > to authenticate access to the link in order to authenticate LMM
 > signaling.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/143>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:27:25 -0000

#143: New text in Section 3.5 overstates difficulty of using network access
credentials for LMM authorization
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Since with IKEv2, you could use EAPoIKEv2 with the same credentials as for
 network access or home network mobility mangement authorization, I have
 dropped this sentence.