Subject: [netlmm] #141: Gap Analysis is too superficial

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:43:38 -0000

#141: Gap Analysis is too superficial
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Lars Eggert in a COMMENT says:

 >  The gap analysis in Section 8 would be useful. However, in its
 >  current form, it doesn't present either the different existing
 >  proposals or the arguments for why they evaluate in a certain
 >  way for the different goals in sufficient detail to understand
 >  the conclusion.
 >

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/141>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:47:28 -0000

#141: Gap Analysis is too superficial
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

> >  way for the different goals in sufficient detail to understand

New description:

 >  way for the different goals in sufficient detail to understand

Comment:

 Another AD made the same point to me privately. The WG discussed this
 point earlier and decided to keep the text in the draft, but it seems like
 perhaps it is unnecssary. This text was originally in the draft as a means
 of motivating the need for NETLMM, but when the draft was repurposed to be
 goals for the protocol, it became somewhat unnecessary. In the interests
 of simplifying the draft and increasing focus on the current purpose, I've
 removed Section 8.