Subject: [netlmm] #138: Multicast must be supported

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:36:31 -0000

#138: Multicast must be supported
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new                     
 Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
 Keywords:  REQ draft                     |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Sam Hartman (Security AD) filed the following DISCUSS comment:

 Section 2.0 claims that multicast is out of scope for the goals
 discussion.  I don't think we can do that.  The implication of this
 specification is that we're going to support local mobility management
 for unmodified nodes.  That Other than a mechanism to signal a routing
 update, these nodes will not change, but must continue to function.
 That means that we must preserve the IP service model and these nodes'
 ideas about their interfaces to the L2 network.  Part of that service
 model is multicast.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/138>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:37:19 -0000

#138: Multicast must be supported
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                        |      Status:  closed                  
  Priority:  minor                         |   Milestone:  milestone4              
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-nohost-req  |     Version:  2.0                     
Resolution:  fixed                         |    Keywords:  REQ draft               
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 Removed claim.