Subject: Re: [netlmm] #114: No need for heartbeat

From: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:46:41 -0000

#114: No need for heartbeat
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]            |       Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                      |      Status:  closed          
  Priority:  minor                       |   Milestone:  milestone1      
 Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if  |     Version:  1.0             
Resolution:  fixed                       |    Keywords:  heartbeat       
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * cc:  => [email-masked]
  * resolution:  => fixed
  * status:  new => closed

Comment:

 The Heartbeat messaging is optional.  The Associate capability exchange
 will inform the peer if Heartbeat is used or not.  By default, this
 function is disabled.  If there are other ways to detect the liveliness of
 the MAG/LMA, then they could be used instead of the Heartbeat message
 (i.e. disabled).  The alternative mechanism may need to be part of the
 Associate capability exchange.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/114>
netlmm <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm