Subject: [netlmm] draft-giaretta-netlmm-dt-protocoo: draft revision -02.b available

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:00:44 +0200

Hi,

As I mentioned yesterday (but in a mail that hasn't appeared on the list
yet(??)) I'll be posting new intermediate versions of the NetLMM design-team
protocol draft as I do the edits which resulted from the interim WG
meeting in Chicago.

Yesterday's batch resulted in draft version -02.a, and included this:

 Changes based on discussion of Jari's review comments:
 * Clarified the circumstances when a MAG sends MN address/prefix
   information to the LMA, in Section 4.1
 * Added text in Section 7.1.5 about address allocation through DHCP
   with MAG as relay.
 * Removed the use of the Location Deregistration message from the old MAG.
 * Added text in Section 7.1.8 about garbage collection of old MN state
 * Removed the LMA Allocation Request message

Today's batch is reflected in draft version -02.b, and includes this:

 Changes based on discussion of Jari's review comments:
 * Included new Security Consideration (Section 10) text from Mohan.
 * Split the ID Option into two, to distinguish between IDs and Handles.
 * Changed MAG and LMA ID to MAG and LMA handle (nomenclature change).
 * Split the Prefix Optin into Prefix Allocation and Prefix Delegation
   Options.
 * Added text to Section 5.2 describing updating of forwarding state at
   the LMA.
 * Added Section 4.3.2 regarding message re-ordering.
 * Made the use of timestamps mandatory for Location Registration.
 * Added text on the use of timestamps to Section 6.9. (Should probably
   be added to the LMA processing description in 7.2, too).
 * Removed most of the text from the Link Local Multicast secction
   (Section 8.2.1) as not relevant with the per-MN prefix assumption.
 * Added clarification about sequence numbers being per handle, not per
   address.
 * Fixes for Jari's smaller technical issues. Includes removal of Section
   8.1.3, "Future Extensions".
 * Fixes for Jari's editorial issues.

 Other Changes:
 * Updated the text on handling of the Disassociation message to also
   cover the routing cache in Section 7.2.4

The draft in various formats is available here, as are diffs:

  http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/dt-draft/

Please check the diffs and review the changes.

Regards,

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm