Subject: [netlmm] PMIPv6 (A Protocol for Network-based Localized Mobility Management )

From: "Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:43:57 -0500

Hi, All,
 
We have submitted an enhanced version of PMIPv6 draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-netlmm-protocol-00.txt)
. This draft is 
resubmission of our earlier draft
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/draft-raman-netlmm-protocol-00.txt).
The earlier draft was submitted before Dallas IETF meeting 
as an input to design team. We did not pursue this draft because NETLMM
DT was working on a protocol design and it was not clear if PMIPv6
solution will be considered 
by NETLMM or not. Given that there is renewed interest in PMIPv6
approach, this draft is very relevant to current scope of NETLMM WG. 
In this draft, we have introduced the concept of bearer and control
plane separation, possibility of implementing PMIPv6 client function on
a centralized entity and 
use of MIPv6 HA and HMIPv6 as LMA.  We have also looked at security
aspect of PMIPv6 solution in more detail. I would request NETLMM WG to
review and provide feedback to our draft. 
 
Regards,
Ajoy 

PS: I will be on leave next week, so I can only respond to any email
comments after I am back. But my co-authors will be able to respond to
any comments. 
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm