Subject: Re: [netlmm] PMIPv6 Terminology (Addressing Take 2)

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:23:31 -0800 (PST)

In FMIPv6 it is PCoA, and in PMIPv6 it could be pCoA. In FMIPv6 it is NCoA to which MN is moving, so PCoA is not the central thing.

Isn't it natural to have p of Proxy which happens to coincide with P of Previous, so what?
Most people already favored this, IMHO.

my 0.2 cents.

Behcet

----- Original Message ----
From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
To: Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>; Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 8:45:05 PM
Subject: RE: [netlmm] PMIPv6 Terminology (Addressing Take 2)

Folks,
We have heard a lot of comments on the pHoA and pCoA terms - marginally
more number of folks have favored the terms than not. However, Alex
raised a valid point about pCoA being used as the FMIP Previous CoA.
Terminology that overlaps with other mobility protocols we've developed
here is certainly problematic. So, I've tried to go through all the
comments (on the list and some offline email) and come up with some
suggestions: 

Regional Home Address (RHoA) - This is the MN's IP address within the
PMIP domain. I've tried to keep the term "home" in it, since, some
people seem to really favor having that in the term. Yet, I've tried to
use the term "Regional" to indicate the localized nature of it. 

Proxy Local Care-of-address (PLCoA) - This is the tunnel endpoint (often
the MAG address). 

If you are NOT okay with these terms, please provide reasons and suggest
alternatives. Please refrain from stating reasons that we've already
hashed through on the list (e.g., alignment with MIP terminology). Let
me reiterate that while protocol re-use is a goal, terminology alignment
is not necessarily a goal. Also, please note that prolonging the
terminology debate is not helping progress. So, let's close this topic
as soon as possible and move forward with the design.  

Thanks,
Vidya

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm