Subject: [netlmm] For comments: Fast Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: xiayangsong 24512 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:06:22 +0800

Hi all

Comments are welcomed for I-D
"Mobile Node Agnostic Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6" 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-netlmm-fmip-mnagno-00.txt

Abstract:

   In the current Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) proposals, the mobile nodes
   do not implement any mobility management protocol.  This document
   proposes an enhancement to PMIPv6 protocol in order to improve Layer
   3 handover performance through borrowing some ideas from FMIPv6
   protocol and using IEEE 802.21 triggers.  It proposes to use FMIP
   PAR-NAR signaling to establish a tunnel and PAR uses this tunnel to
   send MN's packets to NAR during handover.  FMIP PAR-NAR signaling
   depends on the predictive and reactive modes of handover.

BR
Frank Xia

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm