Subject: [netlmm] About the coexistence of PMIPv6 and MIPv6

From: "John.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:12:42 +0800

Hi,Vidya

         Agree with the explanation by Sri. 

Here I only emphasize on the important of this problem. Suppose that without
a generic mechanism to distinguish which kind of mobility management need to
be applied, the protocol is not a integrated protocol and how can deploy it
into difference structure networks? So this is the necessary that we address
that problem here. IMHO. That result is no relation to us , but is a key
point to a good protocol. 

         My two cents.

         Best Rgds,

Thanks,

John.zhao

> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:53:50 -0700

> From: "Sri Gundavelli" <[email-masked]>

> Subject: RE: [netlmm] draft-giaretta-netlmm-mip-interactions

> To: "'Narayanan, Vidya'" <[email-masked]>,      "'Hesham Soliman'"

>       <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Content-Type: text/plain;         charset="us-ascii"

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Narayanan, Vidya [ <mailto:[email-masked]>
mailto:[email-masked]]

> Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:25 PM

> To: Hesham Soliman; [email-masked]

> Subject: RE: [netlmm] draft-giaretta-netlmm-mip-interactions

> <WG chair hat off>

> I agree with Hesham here.  Supporting PMIP selectively is added

> complexity for networks and as Hesham points out, it doesn't really mean

> anything to say a host supports "PMIP"; the point of PMIP is to be

>:) Another way to put it, instead of saying PMIP capable,

> host-based mobility capable or incapable. Off course the

> host will always support PMIP, because it does not have

> to do anything.

> If the network can learn the terminal's capabilities, there

> is better control on the services it can offer. I do see

> Vijay's and your comment, that it can be solved for specific

> architectures. But, the generic capability exchange, the

> MAG notifying the terminal that its offering PMIP service

> and the terminal notifying the network that it has MIP stack,

> might be useful. Where and when to solve, I've no strong 

> opinion ...may be its specific to deployed architectures ...

> Sri

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm