Subject: [NetLMM] #158: LMA Address in Policy Store

From: "NetLMM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:56:27 -0000

#158: LMA Address in Policy Store
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
     Type:  technical                    |      Status:  new                                
 Priority:  minor                        |   Milestone:  PMIPv6 base specification          
Component:  draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6  |    Keywords:                                     
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 The document currently is inconsistent WRT whether or not the policy store
 should hold the IP address of the LMA assigned to a particular mobile
 node.  Besides the policy store, other mechanisms for the MAG to obtain
 the LMA's address should be allowed.

 This issue was raised by !JinHyeock on 2007/04/23:

  ''I assume you meant 'getting MN's LMA address from policy profile' is
 optional. I find the following two statements conflicting.

    ''The Proxy Mobile IPv6 model assumes that the mobile access gateway
    will be able to obtain the address of the local mobility anchor in
    one or more ways.  This MAY be a configured entry in the mobile
    node's policy profile, or it MAY be obtained through mechanisms
    outside the scope of this document.

    ''The mobile node's profile at the
    minimum MUST have the mobile node's local mobility anchor address
    and the MN-Identity.

  ''The first says policy profile MAY have MN's LMA address, whereas the
 second says policy profile MUST have MN's LMA address.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/trac/ticket/158>
NetLMM <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netlmm/>

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm