Subject: [netlmm] draft-muhanna-netlmm-grekey-option-00.txt

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:37:26 -0500

Hello all, 
In response to the need of a dynamic mechanism to negotiate GRE keys
between the MAG and LMA, in order ,for example, to support IPv4
overlapping, we have submitted the below draft to Netlmm WG with the
following abstract. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Abstract

   The Proxy Mobile IPv6 base specification defined in [PMIP6-ID] allows
   the mobile node's IPv4 and IPv6 traffic between the local mobility
   anchor and the mobile access gateway to be tunneled using IPv6, IPv4
   or IPv4-UDP encapsulation headers.  These encapsulation modes do not
   offer semantics for the tunnel end-points to expose a service
   identifier that can be used to identify traffic for a certain
   classification, such as for supporting mobile nodes that are using
   overlapping private IPv4 addressing.  The extensions defined in this
   document allow the mobile access gateway and the local mobility
   anchor to negotiate GRE encapsulation mode and along with the GRE
   symmetric key or asymmetric keys for marking the flows, so that
   differential processing can be applied by the tunnel peers over those
   flows.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-netlmm-grekey-option-0
0.txt

Many thanks in adavance.

Regards,
Ahmad

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm