Subject: [netlmm] Forward compatible HNP Option format

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:04:58 -0500

Dear All,
 
I would like to add a slight modification to the HNP format that Raj has
proposed earlier. Adding an indication which will eliminate the need for
LMA to wait upon receiving the P-BU. When the MAG has a handoff
indication, MAG will set HPI to 00.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |      Type     |   Length      | Access Typ|HPI| Prefix Length |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      +                                                               +
      |                                                               |
      +                    Home Network Prefix                        +
      |                                                               |
      +                                                               +
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

       Type
           <IANA>

       Length

           8-bit unsigned integer indicating the length of the option
           in octets, excluding the type and length fields. T

       Access Type

           8-bit unsigned integer which indicates the access technology
           that the mobile node is using while being attached to the
           MAG. values as suggested by Raj.

       HPI: Home Network Prefix Allocation Indicator

           00 Default. i.e. if there is a HNP in the MN BCE, use it.
           01 New multi-homed HNP.
           All others are reserved.

       Prefix Length

           8-bit unsigned integer indicating the prefix length of the
           IPv6 prefix contained in the HNP field.

       Home Network Prefix
           A sixteen-byte field containing the mobile node's IPv6 Home
           Network Prefix.

Regards,
Ahmad 

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm