Subject: Re: [netlmm] Closing the multihoming issue-Suggesting this Compromise Text

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

The goal in handling a multihomed MN by the protocol specified in this document is to limit the assignment of a given prefix to one interface
of an MN at a time.  In other words, when multiple interfaces are
simultaneously in use on an MN, different prefixes should be assigned to
each of those interfaces.  However, in a handoff situation, the same
prefix may be assigned to a different interface (with the understanding
that the other interface is either shut down or not using this prefix).

As stated in Section 5.3, local mobility anchor allocates prefixes to MN. As per the above handoff requirement, the same prefix MUST be assigned to one interface of MN at a time. Details of prefix allocation are beyond the scope of this specification.

----- Original Message ----
From: Soininen Jonne (NSN FI/Espoo) <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:39:53 PM
Subject: [netlmm] Closing the multihoming issue

Hello everybody,

<chair hat on>
It seems that the discussion of the multihoming issue and also the other
issues have more or less finished on the mailing list. So, I guess it is
time to more forward.

I hope now that the editors of the base spec would revise the specification,
and we could more to last call of the draft.

I hope that as soon as we get the new revision of the draft we're able to
move to the WG last call.

How soon does the editing team they can produce the next version of the
draft? 

Cheers,

Jonne.
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm