Subject: [netlmm] Text for Closing the multihoming issue

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:32:43 -0700 (PDT)

The goal in handling a multi-homed MN by the protocol specified in this
document is to limit the assignment of a given prefix to one interface
of an MN at a time.  In other words, when multiple interfaces are
simultaneously in use on an MN, different prefixes should be assigned to
each of those interfaces.  However, in a handoff situation, the same
prefix may be assigned to a different interface (with the understanding
that the other interface is either shut down or not using this prefix).

Prefix(es) to MN's interface are allocated by the local mobility anchor  (Section 5.3) or by AAA server if policy profile based prefix allocation is used (Appendix A).
As per the above multi-homes MN handoff requirement, the same prefix MUST be assigned
to one interface of MN at a time. Details of prefix allocation are
beyond the scope of this specification.

Regards,

Behcet

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm