Subject: [netlmm] updated draft about preliminary binding support

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:15:44 +0100

Hello,

according to feedback we received during last IETF, we updated our 
proposal for
preliminary binding support in Proxy MIPv6 to improve the performance of
inter-technology handover.

In addition to some more details in the problem statement section, we 
propose
a new Binding Control and Indication (BCI) option, which can be used to
control and indicate the status of bindings between MAG and LMA components
by means of a BCI mask.

This draft proposes an initial format of the BCI option for discussion.
The option is meant to serve various enhancements, such as for 
preliminary binding
support and possibly transient CoA support, which has been recently 
proposed.

We would be interested in any further comments and input for discussion.

Best regards,
marco

---------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

    Title           : Inter-Technology Handover for Proxy MIPv6
    Author(s)       : M. Liebsch, L. Le
    Filename        : draft-liebsch-netlmm-intertech-proxymip6ho-01.txt
    Pages           : 23
    Date            : 2008-02-25

The IETF is specifying Proxy Mobile IPv6 for network-based localized 
mobility management, which takes basic operation for registration, 
tunnel management and de-registration into account in a first protocol 
release.  This document proposes an extension to Proxy Mobile IPv6 to 
suit MNs, which have multiple network interfaces implemented and hand 
over from one network interface to another network interface while 
remaining anchored at the same Local Mobility Anchor.  This extension 
avoids that the LMA will prematurely forward data packets for the mobile 
node to the mobile node's new interface before the address configuration 
of this interface has completed.
With the proposed extension, packet buffering at the new MAG is not 
necessary and packet losses during an inter-technology handover can be 
avoided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liebsch-netlmm-intertech-proxymip6ho-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
    "get draft-liebsch-netlmm-intertech-proxymip6ho-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in 
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type:
    "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-liebsch-netlmm-intertech-proxymip6ho-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
    MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
    feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
    command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
    a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
    exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
    "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
    up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
    how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the 
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm