Subject: [netlmm] FW: I-D Action:draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:05:49 -0600

Hello Folks,

After receiving extensive comments offline on rev 00, we updated the
draft to offer a flexible mechanism for PMIPv6 support of Transient
Registration. This mechanism is essential for allowing smooth active
inter-MAG handoff for intra and inter technologies with traffic that is
sensitive to delay and packet loss, e.g. VoIP. 

We appreciate your comments and review.

Best Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 11:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D
Action:draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Proxy MIPv6 Support of Transient Registration
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-02-25

In order for the local mobility anchor to receive and forward uplink
traffic for a mobile node, Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol mandates the
LMA to have an active BCE with a registered proxy CoA that is the other
end of the tunnel between the LMA and MAG.  In some systems and during
active inter-MAG handoff with traffic that is sensitive to delay and
packet loss, the LMA is required to forward uplink traffic for the
mobile node from the target MAG without completely switching the tunnel
from the source MAG.  This document specifies a mechanism which allows
the target MAG to perform transient registration for a new proxy CoA and
the LMA to create a transient BCE for the same mobile node for a
specified period of time while maintaining the original mobile node's
BCE which reference the old pCoA at the source MAG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-
transient-coa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-netlmm-pmipv6-support-transient-coa-01.tx
t".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm