Subject: [netlmm] New individual draft submission on Secondary Binding Cache entries for Proxy MIPv6

From: "BLUME, Oliver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:20:47 +0100

Dear All,

I have submitted an individual draft on the introduction of a new type
of binding cache entries ("secondary BCE") to enable seamless mobility
with a MBB handoff between interfaces (Handoff indicator value 2) for
PMIP. 

Currently a timing issue between MN and MAG/LMA (i.e. the PBU is
transparent to the MN and the LMA is not aware of the address
configuration progress in the MN) prevents simultaneous usage of both
interfaces during the handoff and packet loss may occur. A problem
statement and a solution proposal are given in 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blume-netlmm-secondary-bce-pro
xymip6ho-00.txt

For your convinience, here is the abstract of the ID:

   Abstract 

   The IETF is specifying Proxy Mobile IPv6 for network-based localized
   mobility management, which takes basic operation for registration, 
   tunnel management and de-registration into account in a first 
   protocol release. This document proposes an extension to Proxy 
   Mobile IPv6 to suit MNs, which have multiple network interfaces
   implemented and can be connected over more than one network interface
   at the same time.
   This extension introduces a secondary binding at the local Mobility 
   Anchor (LMA) that is valid for receiving uplink packets but is not 
   used for tunneling downlink packets towards the MN. This allows for 
   preparation of the new binding while avoiding that the LMA will 
   prematurely forward data packets to the mobile node's new interface 
   before the address configuration of this interface has completed. 
   Furthermore, secondary bindings can be used to avoid loss of delayed 
   packets arriving at the LMA after the binding cache has been updated
   by a Proxy Binding Update from a new MAG.
   With the proposed extension, packet buffering at the new MAG is not 
   necessary and packet losses during an inter-technology handover can 
   be mitigated.

I am looking forward to discussions and any comments from netlmm.

Best regards,

Oliver Blume 

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm