Subject: [netlmm] FMIPv6 and PMIPv6 interactions

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:54:42 -0800

Hello folks,

<with MIPSHOP chair hat on>

The MIPSHOP WG is re-chartering. The list of proposed items for
the new charter are at the following URL.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mipshop/current/msg03654.html

Among the new items proposed, there is one on using FMIPv6 (RFC
4068) for tunneling packets from the old MAG to the new MAG during
a PMIPv6 handover. You can find the draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yokota-mipshop-pfmipv6-01.txt
The draft also proposes using FMIPv6 signaling messages for
transferring context between the MAGs.

We would like to hear comments/reviews from folks on the NETLMM
mailing list on the proposed mechanism in the draft.

Vijay
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm