Subject: [netlmm] [Fwd: FMIPv6 and PMIPv6 interactions]

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:14:20 -0700

Folks,

I had posted the attached mail to the NETLMM mailing list
a couple of weeks ago. Got no response. It would be good
to get NETLMM input for this work.

Vijay

Subject: [netlmm] FMIPv6 and PMIPv6 interactions
From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
To: netlmm <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mipshop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:54:42 -0800
List-Id: NETLMM working group discussion list <netlmm.ietf.org>

Hello folks,

<with MIPSHOP chair hat on>

The MIPSHOP WG is re-chartering. The list of proposed items for
the new charter are at the following URL.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mipshop/current/msg03654.html

Among the new items proposed, there is one on using FMIPv6 (RFC
4068) for tunneling packets from the old MAG to the new MAG during
a PMIPv6 handover. You can find the draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yokota-mipshop-pfmipv6-01.txt
The draft also proposes using FMIPv6 signaling messages for
transferring context between the MAGs.

We would like to hear comments/reviews from folks on the NETLMM
mailing list on the proposed mechanism in the draft.

Vijay
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm