Subject: [netlmm] PMIP6 AAA work

From: "Soininen Jonne (NSN FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:54:44 +0200

Hello everybody,

I had a a discussion with one of the radext chairs (Bernand Aboba) about the
Radius support for PMIP6. I also discussed with Hannes Tschofenig - one of
the chairs of the dime WG.

The Radius and Diameter work seems to have different assumptions on where
the work should be done.

The Diameter related work is assumed to be done in the dime WG. I will start
the discussion with the the Dime WG chairs.

The Radius work is on the other hand expected to do in the WG related to the
needing technology itself - thus, netlmm. This depends, however, on the
question if the needed Radius work would need changes to Radius itself. I
would expect that we won't need changes to Radius, but we would just define
some attributes needed. The Radius work would have to be in line with the
Radius design guidelines
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-design-02.txt).

The AAA work is of course conditional on the new charter. However, I would
expect this work to be on the charter.

Cheers,

Jonne.
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: "Frank Xia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:05:05 -0600

Hi Jonne

Thank for your coordinations.

Reusing the existing attributes  from RAIUS MIPv6 and defining
as little as possible  new attributes are the design principles in the minds
of authors.

PMIPv6 is adopted in WiMAX, and we also introduced the RADIUS
draft in the WiMAX.   We are very happy to the NETLMM rechartering discussion .

BR
Frank