Subject: [netlmm] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-zeltsan-terminology-netlmm-00.txt

From: "Zeltsan, Zachary \(Zachary\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:24:19 -0600

I have asked for a time slot at the IETF 71 meeting for presenting a
draft on the netlmm terminology (see below), but according to a response
from the WG Chair (Jonne Soininen), it is unlikely that there will be
time on the agenda for the presentation. 
I would like to start a discussion on the mailing list.

While working on the draft, we have identified a number of
inconsistencies in the use of the netlmm terminology (for example, the
terms Local Mobility Anchor, Localized Mobility Management Domain,
Mobile Access Gateway, Mobile Node Identity and a few others have
different definitions in the netlmm drafts and RFCs).

This draft identifies such inconsistencies and provides suggestions on
correcting them.
Please provide your comments on the draft. 

Zachary Zeltsan

-----Original Message-----
To: i-d-announce at ietf.org 
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeltsan-terminology-netlmm-00.txt 
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Terminology for Network-based Localized
Mobility Management
	Author(s)	: S. Leroy, P. Narvaez, Z. Zeltsan
	Filename	: draft-zeltsan-terminology-netlmm-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2008-2-12
	
This document provides a glossary of the terms related to Network-
   based Localized Mobility Management (NETLMM).  The document lists the
   definitions of the terms introduced in the Internet Drafts and RFCs
   created by the NETLMM working group.  It also provides the expansions
   of the acronyms that are used in the group's documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeltsan-terminology-netlmm-00.
txt

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:59:45 -0800

> This draft identifies such inconsistencies and provides suggestions on 

The best to fix any inconsistency is in the base PMIPv6 spec.
Perhaps you could provide alternate text based on the current
PMIPv6 draft where ever you find inconsistencies.?

Vijay

> _http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeltsan-terminology-netlmm-00.txt_ 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:35:08 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure about the draft scope. I see terms used from many
documents (Ex: HMIP, FMIP, IANA ....) and some definition changes
suggestions to terms used in base doc. There is already 3753 covering
the mobility terms and any new definitions are covered in the newer
specs. If we are missing any terminology, we can add it to the base
spec. I'm not sure, why we should pull out terms such as DNA, EAP,
EUI-64 and define them as a NETLMM terminology, the respective drafts 
cover them and nothing specific to NETLMM. If the goal is to update
3753, thats probably a better goal and should be at an appropriate
time.

Sri

---

From: "Zeltsan, Zachary \(Zachary\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:16:59 -0600

> PMIPv6 draft where ever you find inconsistencies.?

Vijay,

I agree, in most cases the differences between a term's definitions
should be eliminated by replacing an "old" definition by the appropriate
one from the current PMIPv6. The draft provides a number of proposals
for such replacements.

Zachary

>..>.