Subject: [netlmm] Question on GRE Key Option for PMIPv6

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:11:38 +0200

Folks,

I have a question on draft-muhanna-netlmm-grekey-option-01.

Section 5. Mobility Access Gateway Considerations states:

                                                     In case the mobile
    access gateway local policy requires the MAG to generate the forward
    direction GRE key, the MAG must include the forward key in the GRE
    key Identifier Option.

And then Section 6.1. GRE Key Identifier Option states:

        GRE Key Identifier
            four-byte field  containing the Reverse GRE Key Identifier.
            or eight-byte containing the Forward and Reverse GRE keys
            respectively. The values of zero and all-ones are reserved.

Shouldn't the latter rather state:

        GRE Key Identifier
            four-byte field  containing the Forward GRE Key Identifier.
            or eight-byte containing the Forward and Reverse GRE keys
            respectively. The values of zero and all-ones are reserved.

Since the MAG possibly needs to send the forward key in a PBU, as stated 
in the excerpt of Section 5 above?

--julien
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Julien,

Couple of points:

- Supported Key Types (Symmetric or Asymmetric)

- Either entities should be able to allocate the keys.
   MAG can specify the key set or let LMA
   allocate the same (one or both directions)

- A Key container for carrying one or two keys.

The idea is to offer some flexibility here w.r.t to key
negotiation. However, the text is not consistent in some places
and we plan to fix this in the comming weeks.

Regards
Sri