Subject: [netlmm] Comments on draft-dutta-netlmm-pmipro-00

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:51:34 +0800

Hi Ashutosh,

Read you draft on PMIP RO.

I have two small questions.
In section 4.1.2 it is mentioned how route optimization between MN and
CN is re-established after hand-off. But here the CBU is a two step
mechanism initiated by LMA and then carried out by MAG2. If MN informs
about MAG3 to MAG2 then this CBU can be performed by MAG2 once. Or are
you thinking in lines of no MN involvement. In that case, perhaps a
network controlled context transfer mechanism be helpful. For example
MAG2 pass MAG1 info to MAG3 via CT and MAG2 also informs MAG1 about
MAG3(bi-directional RO achieved).

The other question is in section 4.2, where inter-LMA Ro is considered.
If they are separate PMIP domains, can having a MAG1 and MAG4 secured
tunnel establishment achieve route optmization? 

BR,
Mohana 
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm