Subject: [netlmm] Using Sequence number in PMIPv6 draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:38:02 +0800

Dear all,

I have concerned about Sequence number and Timestamp option in PMIPv6 
draft. And I found a lot of debate for which option is better for solving 
the competition problem last year. The result is two optional methods 
existing in the draft.

I proposes a method: MN stores and manages the sequence number, when an 
inter-MAG handover occours, MN increases the sequence number and conveys 
it to the new MAG. The method of sending the sequence number to the new 
MAG is not a problem. For example, it may use Attach Request message to 
convey the sequence number from UE(MN) to Serving-Gateway(MAG) in 3GPP 
access.

I think the key point is that it is reasonable or not for MN to store and 
manage the sequence number. Because it maybe not agree with the NETLMM 
idea. 

What do you think about that?

Best Regards,

Chunhui 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm