Subject: [netlmm] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-13 (fwd)

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

Attached is the version -13th of the Proxy Mobile IPv6 document. We have
resolved all the IESG comments and the document is now ready for
publication. This version addressed all the issues raised by the various
Area Directors and the resolutions were approved by the respective AD's.

Most of the comments are clarifications, editorial nature, some technical
and also one change w.r.t multiple prefix assignment to a given interface
of a mobile node. This is required, as multiple prefix support is the
basic feature of IPv6 and this had to be supported here as well. All
though the text appears to be changed here and there, but most part its
due to the language change w.r.t multiplicity of prefixes assigned to a
given link.

This version specifically addresses all the comments from Pasi Eronen,
Lars Eggert, Magnus Westerlund and Dave Thaler.

- Path MTU Discovery related text
- Security implication text provided by Jari Arkko in Sec 6.9.3, for the
   SEND implications due to the use of fixed link-local address on the
   MAG  end.
- Multiple prefix support and the associated logic checks.
   - LMA can assign one or more HNP's
   - MAG can include one HNP with 0::0 in the initial PBU (or request for
     specific set), subsequently should include all the prefixes assigned
     to that mobility session.
- Editorial nits

Please review and let us know if you find any nits. Because of the
changes, there will be some nits (and error cases) and if we can find them
in the next couple of days, we can fix them and our AD can approve the
final document for publication. Please send the nits along with the exact
suggested fix before the end of this week.

Thanks
Sri

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
     [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-13

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-13.txt has been successfuly submitted by Sri Gundavelli and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6
Revision:	 13
Title:		 Proxy Mobile IPv6
Creation_date:	 2008-05-12
WG ID:		 netlmm
Number_of_pages: 87

Abstract:
Network-based mobility management enables IP mobility for a host
without requiring its participation in any mobility related
signaling.  The Network is responsible for managing IP mobility on
behalf of the host.  The mobility entities in the network are
responsible for tracking the movements of the host and initiating the
required mobility signaling on its behalf.  This specification
describes a network-based mobility management protocol and is
referred to as Proxy Mobile IPv6.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm