Subject: [netlmm] MIPSHOP discussion on PMIPv6 Handover Optimizations

From: "Vijay Devarapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:49:22 -0400

Hello all,

We will be having a detailed discussion on PMIPv6 Handover optimization
solutions tomorrow. The presentations will also describe the scenarios
that are handled. If you are interested in the topic, please attend the
MIPSHOP WG meeting. You can find the current agenda at
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/agenda/mipshop.txt

Vijay
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:02:51 +0100

For someone who might be interested, there is a paper to be presented in 
a conference next week:
http://www.net.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/publications/1539/IWCMC08_Lei.pdf
with the following abstract:
Since recent years, it has been recognized that using global mobility 
protocol for managing localized mobility causes a number of problems, 
such as a long registration delay. To overcome these problems, Proxy 
Mobile IPv6 is proposed, which can avoid tunneling overhead over the air 
and support for hosts without an involvement in the mobility management. 
In this paper, we first discuss the recent localized mobility proposals 
and explore three major benefits that PMIPv6 can bring. In particular, 
we evaluate two aspects of the handover performance through a simple 
mathematical model for Fast Handovers for MIPv6, Hierarchical MIPv6, 
Fast handovers for HMIPv6 and PMIPv6. These analytical studies show that 
PMIPv6 may cause high handover latency if the local mobility anchor is 
located far from the current mobility access gateway. Therefore, some 
enhancements for PMIPv6 are suggested to further reduce the handover 
latency. The analysis ascertains that F-PMIPv6 is a promising mobility 
scheme to efficiently manage the localized mobility.
Xiaoming