Subject: [netlmm] draft-ietf-netlmm-mn-ar-if-03.txt

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:48:18 -0400

As far as I am aware there have been no changes to the MN-AR
interface draft proposed on the list.  I did not prepare a
new revision for the meeting this week.

Looking back on IETF71 minutes, I see that we did discuss 
improving the language around how the L2 trigger for the
MN_ATTACH procedure happens.  Let me propose that we change
this text:

6.  MN_ATTACH Function

   The MN_ATTACH function is invoked by the MN whenever it attaches to a
   new MAG, and consists of the following sub-functions:

with this text:

6.  MN_ATTACH Function

   The MN_ATTACH function is invoked by the MN whenever it attaches to a
   new MAG.  This can be detected with the assistance of layer 2
triggers
   (e.g., a link up event from a device driver), or through the periodic
   transmission of Router Solicitation messages.  MN_ATTACH consists of 
   the following sub-functions:

Another question: do we want to change our reference from:
   draft-ietf-dna-protocol-08.txt
to:
   draft-ietf-dna-simple-02.txt

?

If we can answer these two questions tomorrow I'll spin a new draft and
then I think we will be ready for WGLC.

-Pete

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm