Subject: [netlmm] Multiple HNP options (draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-18)

From: "Tero Kauppinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:15:16 +0200

6.9.1.1.

3. The Home Network Prefix option(s) MUST be present in the Proxy
   Binding Update message.  If the mobile access gateway learns the
   mobile node's home network prefix(es) either from its policy
   store or from other means, the mobile access gateway MAY choose
   to request the local mobility anchor to allocate the requested
   prefix(es) by including a Home Network Prefix option for each of
   those requested prefixes.  The mobile access gateway MAY also
   choose to include just one Home Network Prefix option with the
   prefix value of ALL_ZERO, for requesting the local mobility
   anchor to do the prefix assignment.  However, when including a
   Home Network Prefix option with the prefix value of ALL_ZERO,
   then there MUST be only one instance of the Home Network prefix
   option in the request.

==> I read this: either there are multiple HNP options with the prefix
value of NON_ZERO or there is only one HNP option with the prefix value
of ALL_ZERO.

5.3.2. 

1. If there is at least one instance of Home Network Prefix option
   present in the Proxy Binding Update message with the prefix value
   set to ALL_ZERO, the local mobility anchor MUST allocate one or
   more home network prefix(es) to the mobile node and assign it to
   the new mobility session created for the mobile node. (snip)

==> This doesn't exclude the case if there are multiple HNP options with
the prefix value set to ALL_ZERO. What should LMA do then, drop the
packet or...?

/Tero
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm