Subject: [netlmm] Update of draft-devarapalli-netlmm-multihoming

From: "Vijay Devarapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:59:15 -0400

Hello folks,

We updated draft-devarapalli-netlmm-multihoming. It now includes a new
section on using a PMIPv6 virtual interface on a mobile node to support
a handover across interfaces using PMIPv6. We have discussed this
concept many times in the past on the NETLMM mailing list. We have also
discussed this extensively in 3GPP. Most recently we had a good
discussion on this in the NetExt Bar BoF

This adds an alternative to the already existing section in the draft on
the mobile node behavior for supporting a handover across interfaces.
The actual implementation details are of course out of scope for this
document. 

The latest version is at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-devarapalli-netlmm-multihoming
-03.txt

Comments are welcome.

Vijay
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Hidetoshi Yokota <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:35:18 +0900

Hi Vijay and folks,

This issue has been deferred to further discussion, but I would rather
see it more imminent when we think of inter-access handoff
implementations. This was discussed in 3GPP, but no consensus was
reached. I think it is a good idea for the IETF to trailblaze in this
area as it could span multiple SDOs.

We also documented this virtual interface issue as an in-depth version:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yokota-netlmm-pmipv6-mn-itho-support-00.txt

Any comments to this as well as Vijay's are welcome.

Regards,
-- 
Hidetoshi