Subject: [netlmm] RFC 5213 on Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5213

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     S. Gundavelli, Ed.,
                    K. Leung, V. Devarapalli,
                    K. Chowdhury, B. Patil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      92
        Characters: 226902
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5213.txt

Network-based mobility management enables IP mobility for a host
without requiring its participation in any mobility-related
signaling.  The network is responsible for managing IP mobility on
behalf of the host.  The mobility entities in the network are
responsible for tracking the movements of the host and initiating the
required mobility signaling on its behalf.  This specification
describes a network-based mobility management protocol and is
referred to as Proxy Mobile IPv6.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

Congratulations to Sri who cared so much about making PMIP6 an RFC!
Job well done.

Regards,

Behcet

----- Original Message ----
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:36:46 AM
Subject: [netlmm] RFC 5213 on Proxy Mobile IPv6

        RFC 5213

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 

The RFC Editor Team