Subject: [netlmm] Questions for koodli-netlmm-path-and-session-management

From: Shi Xiaoyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:28:44 +0800

Hi,Rajeev 
 
In section 3:
 
   Due to a full or partial failure, a node may no longer have session
   information (i.e., BCE) for some MN.  When a packet from its peer for
   such a MN is received (e.g., LMA receives a packet from a MAG), the
   node SHOULD immediately send a U-NERP message containing the MN-
   Identifier.  This informs the peer of the absence of a BCE for the MN
   identified by the MN-Identifier. 
 
Data packets between LMA and MAG are IP-in-IP encapsulated. When LMA
recieves a data packet without matching BCE, LMA only obtain the inner
source IP address. It means that LMA don't know which MN the data packet
belongs to  and LMA only know there is not a BCE matching the inner source
IP. 
 
So, I think the U-NERP should be identified by home address (HoA, inner
source IP).

Regards,
Xiaoyan

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm