Subject: [netlmm] Consensus Call: Removing the MN-AR document from the charter

From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:56:34 -0700

All,
At the Dublin meeting, there was consensus to remove the MN-AR document
from the NETLMM charter.  We would like to confirm that consensus on the
list.  

Some context for those not present at the meeting - Progress on the
MN-AR draft has been slow at best.  Originally, it was viewed as
something that was required to complete the picture of how a MAG might
trigger the PMIP bindings and how it may obtain the identity of the MN
to include in the PMIP registrations, etc.  However, some of that has
been included as supporting text in the base document and much of the
other things needed are being defined outside the IETF, at least for the
current uses of PMIP.  Given that, we are currently trying to identify
if there is any interest in pursuing this work at the IETF.  Based on
the Dublin meeting, it appears that there isn't. 

If you think that the WG should continue working on this draft and
publish a document on the MN-AR interactions, please respond explaining
the reasons why it is needed.  Please respond by September 15th, 2008. 

Thanks,
Vidya
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm