Subject: [netlmm] Question about IPv4-support

From: "Soininen Jonne (NSN FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 00:12:17 +0300

Hello everybody,

I was trying to find out a thing in the IPv4 support document. The question
is what happens if the mobile node releases its address. I don't think this
is really documented in the specification.

I believe the binding should not be tiered down just based on release of the
IPv4 address. 

Cheers,

Jonne.
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jonne,

> is really documented in the specification.

We have text on the detachment procedure. We need to have some specific
text on the MAG's action on detecting a address release procedure. We
will add couple of lines on this. If the binding has both IPv6 and IPv6
address allocations, IPv4 address release should not remove the IPv6 HNP
or the binding entirely.

We will clarify this.

Thanks
Sri