Subject: [netlmm] MPLS Tunnel Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:37:21 -0500

Hi folks

We posted the draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-netlmm-mpls-tunnel-00.txt

Abstract

   The Proxy Mobile IPv6 allows a mobile node's IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
   between a Local Mobility Anchor(LMA) and a Mobile Access Gateway
   (MAG) to be tunneled using IPv6, IPv4 or IPv4-UDP encapsulation
   headers.  In this document, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   tunneling is proposed as an alternative tunnel technology which is
   used between a MAG and a LMA.  MPLS is now become more and more
   popular, and MPLS support is an important function for edge and core
   routers.  Integrating MPLS and Proxy IP Mobility can leverage Proxy
   IP Mobility deployment in the industry.

Comments are welcome.

BR
Frank
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm