Subject: [netlmm] Regarding to Heartbeat message

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:35:51 +0800

Hello, authors,

Isn't there any underlying mechanism could be used for heartbeat?
for example, IPsec, or IKE if used.

many thanks

-Hui
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:23:50 +0100

> for example, IPsec, or IKE if used.

Not to speak of situations where IPsec wouldn't be used at all between 
MAG and LMA, at least there's the possibility that dynamic keying isn't 
used and thus one can't rely on IKE's dead peer detection. And IPsec 
alone (i.e. static SAs) wouldn't let you detect that a peer entity is 
down or has restarted.

--julien