Subject: [netlmm] FW: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:44:42 +0800

Hi All,

This is the revised problem statement draft of multiple interfaces
support in PMIP. 
All comments are appreciated.

BR,
Mohana
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaced Mobile Nodes in NetLMM
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interface-ps-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-10-30

The specific mechanism described in the current PMIPv6 draft to support
multihoming is such that a unique prefix is given to each interface of a
Mobile Node (MN) that is attached to the PMIPv6 domain.  However,
multihoming can also be provided using same unique prefix for all
interfaces of MN similar to the MONAMI6 (Mobile Nodes and Multiple
Interfaces in IPv6) concept.  This memo explores and highlights lack of
advanced multihoming support and other hand-off related issues where
appropriate in three different mobility management protocol models for
multiple interfaced mobile nodes.
Firstly, when single prefix is allocated for all interfaces of MN in the
PMIPv6 domain.  Secondly, when unique prefix is allocated for each
interface as in PMIPv6 standard protocol model.  Thirdly, when a
multiple interfaced node uses different mobility management mechanisms
for each of its interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netlmm-multi-interf
ace-ps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm