Subject: [netlmm] MEXT WGLC for draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-02

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:34:50 +0100

Folks,

[ CC'ing NETLMM Mailing List as we agreed earlier that the work on    ]
[ Binding Revocation will be coordinated with the NETLMM WG. NETLMM   ]
[ participants, please reply to this MEXT WGLC to <[email-masked]> w/o ]
[ CC'ing <[email-masked]>                                            ]

During IETF-73 we MEXT chairs explained that we planned to issue a WGLC 
for the Binding Revocation draft after the meeting.

There's however one outstanding unresolved issue which is related to the 
semantic of the alternate care-of address as defined in RFC 3775. 

The alternate care-of address issue has been discussed in the NETLMM WG 
as well, and is considered as a possible MIPv6 generic issue to be 
addressed within RFC 3775bis.

Given that some SDO have tight dependencies to the binding revocation, 
to get the binding revocation draft approved for publication as RFC 
faster, we've discussed with our AD and some of the people involved in 
discussing the issue, and we have come up with the following plan:

- We are hereby issuing a WGLC for the Binding Revocation draft while 
making the specific alternate care-of address issue explicitely out of 
scope of this WGLC. That will allow us to proceed with submission to 
IESG, IETF Last Call, etc, in parallel with the resolution of the 
alternate care-of address issue of RFC 3775bis.

- In parallel to that, the MEXT working group will work toward reaching 
consensus on the alternate care-of address issue. Once that happens, 
the Binding Revocation draft will be aligned with the WG consensus.

We believe that this is most efficient way to complete the Binding 
Revocation deliverable.

Please reply to this email to state whether or not you think this 
document is ready to be forwarded to IESG, with resolution of the 
alternate care-of address pending resolution of the generic alternate 
care-of address issue in RFC 3775. 

If you disagree with the proposed way forward (issuing WGLC with pending 
resolution of the alternate care-of address), please also reply to this 
email to say so (note that disagreeing with this way forward is 
equivalent to belief that the document is not ready to be forwarded to 
IESG as is.)

The WGLC closes on 2008-12-10 (Wednesday).

Thank you for your support.

--julien & marcelo, MEXT chairs
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm