Subject: [netlmm] Suggestion about Binding Refresh Request in RFC5213

From: Guo Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:23:21 +0800

Hi, all

In RFC3775, Binding refresh request is used to request MN to update its
mobile binding. What I suggest here is to provide BRR functionality in RFC
5213. The reason is as following:

Upon receiving a PBU with HI=4, LMA SHOULD wait for
MaxDelayBeforeNewBCEAssign amount of time to make a decision for new
attachment or handoff. If LMA can send a "BRR" message to pMAG after
receiving such a PBU, it can help to determine as soon as possible whether
the attached interface is a result of handoff or a new attachment then to
keep continuity of mobile session. Also, if BRR is well design, it can help
LMA to determine new attachment or handoff between multiple interfaces. That
is, BRR can be used by LMA to ask pMAG to check which interface is
de-attached without wait-time if MN has two interfaces attached to pMAG and
wants to move the session of first interface to the new third interface. 

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Regards,

James

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm